What I'll Miss About Living With My Sorority Sisters

I promise I don't think you're all psychotics who I never want to talk to again.

7

When you mention to others that you lived with nine other girls and somehow came out of that experience missing them more than you are annoyed with them, they may think of you as slightly psychotic. However, I got the chance to do exactly that with my sorority sisters this past school year when I moved in with nine of them. We didn't all know each other incredibly well when we first moved in, and I'm sure there were times when we all wanted to kill each other. But in the end, I wouldn't take this experience back for anything, and I feel really grateful to have gotten to live with my sisters like I did.

1. Noise level

One of the things I'll miss the most about living in sorority housing is having the ability to come home and just start screaming at the top of your lungs. There were always people running around, screaming, you name it. It's not like anything was ever seriously wrong, but when something happened in our lives, I guess we just felt the need to shout it out to the rest of our roommates.

2. The closets

Living with nine other girls, you get the chance to have access to nine new closets. Just think of all the possibilities! The best part was that no one really ever cared if you borrowed their stuff so long as you asked and returned it to them within a timely manner.

3. Never having to do your hair

Perhaps I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I'm probably one of the worst about doing my own hair. When it comes to braids, I can only accomplish a small side braid. Even then, most of the time I don't want to deal with styling my way too long hair because that's just more time that I could be spending binge watching my favorite Netflix shows. Luckily for me, at least a few of my lovely roommates actually did know how to braid hair. So when you don't feel like doing your own appearance, it's nice to have people right down the hall happy to help.

4. There's always someone to do stuff with

Living with nine other girls, there were always people around. If you wanted someone to eat with, they were there. If you wanted someone to drive to the store with you, they were there. For us, it was really great to come home and not have to worry about being alone or feeling like we didn't have anyone to spend time with because there are nine other girls around you that probably also have to eat and go to the store at some point.

5. You always have someone to talk to

I think what I'll miss most about living with my sisters is the 24/7 support system that was right in my own home. It was always comforting to have our friends around whenever we were going through bad times. We got to know each other pretty well and were able to know what to say whenever one of us would be having one of our all too common mental breakdowns.