What Makes Life Memorable

What Makes Life Memorable

We all have different ideas of what makes our lives memorable and mine are the little moments.

386
What Makes Life Memorable
tumblr,com

There are plenty of important questions we ask ourselves on the topic of life, one of which is what makes it so memorable?

The beauty of this question is also what makes it difficult––there is no right or wrong answer. It varies from person to person and its answers only grow with time. It's a question with no end in sight and it's kind of amazing.

From a person, place, event or thing, to a collection of thoughts, ideas, or memories and so much more, our answers are forever evolving––they are infinite.

For me, it's the little moments. The moments meant to only happen once and never again, the memories you wish you could relive, the quiet mornings with sun ray peeking through the blinds, the little everyday things I could never forget.

They are simple, small and even dainty, but they're there, and they're beautiful,

It's the sharp intake of breath from laughing so hard your stomach hurts, the quirk of lips as you look at those around you during a late night bonfire.

They live in the words you still live by today from childhood books, the ones you promise always to.

It's the moment your aching back hits the couch after a long day of work, the enticing sound of coffee being poured into your favorite cup or the comforting shriek of a tea kettle going off.

It's the sound of chirping birds in the morning and cooing owls in the evening. It's the smiles of loved ones and eye rolls of best friends. The games played until 3 a.m., sleepy voices and moments before falling asleep.

It's the smell of old books and the feeling of wet pavement on bare feet after a rainstorm. It's the sunlight on your face, the strum of a guitar, and the flipping of a pancake.

It's everything you don't take time to notice.

The hopes and dreams you were crazy enough to imagine as a child and the late nights it took to get there.

And sometimes, they're the moments gathered after what seems like an eternity. The moments that now seem so worth it, but previously felt hopeless.

Appreciating these little moments has taught me one of life's most important lessons. Life is full of unexpected turns both big and small, good and bad, which is exactly why you need to appreciate the good.

Because once you do, you won't see the world the same again.

We all have different ways we deem our lives memorable and we all have different lessons to learn. Mine just so happens to be the little moments, but my favorite moment of all? Those are when we realize we are all people and we all live on the same earth. My favorite moment are those where we come together.

So, how do you define your life as memorable?