3 Things Writing For The Odyssey Taught Me

This may be my last article, but it's not the last you'll hear from me.

54
Scott Pittman

After submitting weekly articles for a year, this is my last article I'll be writing for The Odyssey. It's been a great ride. This is what I've learned.

1. Accountability Promotes Growth

When it comes to writing, I've always struggled to be consistent. Having a team of editors looking forward to my articles each week has pushed me to write when I'm tired or don't feel like it. As a result, my writing has improved and I feel more confident when I approach a blank writing slate.

2. Words Make A Difference

Writing for The Odyssey has not only improved my written communication skills, it has also taught me that I have a lot to say that is worthwhile. I've tried to be intentional with every article to write something that is meaningful and adds value to those who read them.

3. I Am A Writer

Although my time with The Odyssey is ending, this is not the last time you'll hear from me. I have so many things I want to write about and share. I want to create content and contribute to the realm of ideas that exists in the world.

Stay tuned and consider following my personal blog.