What It's Like To Lose Your Best Friend

What It's Like To Lose Your Best Friend

It's too late to fix us.
Mary Rom
Mary Rom
26

We all have that one friend that or those friends, that we were so closed to and then everything changed before you even realized it. That person/people who you used to tell everything to, down to when you used the bathroom and what color your *insert poop emoji here* was.

But then something happened, you got into a fight, and you both don't tell each other when you're upset anymore. Then the next time you talk, you can feel the tension. Eventually, you stop talking to each other for a week, then for a month, then just stop all together. You see someone else tagging them in stuff you both would have laughed at, selfies you weren't in, and parties you weren't invited to.

A major thing happens to one or both you, you go to message them, and then you realize. I can't talk to them like I used to. It's broken, we're broken and we've been broken for too long that it's too late to fix us. So instead of responding to their message, you just exit out the chat box, and leave it on unseen, even though you read it at least ten times without actually clicking on it.

You can't be upset that it's broken, because you both had a part to play in why it broke. You didn't communicate your feelings well, and when you did it only resulted into a fight. A fight turns into broken trust, because you end up talking about your friend to your other friends.

At the end of the day, you admit to yourself that you will always miss that person no matter how hard you try not to.