What Is The Perfect Relationship?

What Is The Perfect Relationship?

Even seemingly perfect couples have their ups and downs.

32
What Is The Perfect Relationship?

Each person has standards when it comes to relationships. Whether it's the type of person they want their significant other to be like or just a painted picture of what a perfect relationship should be like, everyone has an idea of what they want. I'm here to tell you to stop picturing the "perfect" relationship and to be more realistic. No relationship is perfect.

Although I strongly believe in having standards as well as having an idea of what you want your partner to be like (whether it's their music taste, clothing taste, etc.), people get too caught up in imagining their Mr. or Mrs. Right.

Movies and social media posts from celebrities and peers can set an image of what a perfect relationship should look like or show people what "relationship goals" should be. Just know that they have good times as well as bad times, but social media specifically shows only the good and seemingly perfect moments of their relationship.

Every relationship has its ups and downs. It has fights, laughter, tears, fears, worries and memories. People are all flawed and it is ridiculous to think otherwise.

Although no relationship is perfect, I believe people can be a perfect fit for each other or work together perfectly. This doesn't mean they are both perfect or that their relationship doesn't have its bumps in the road. It just means that they are a strong couple that does not fear taking on the challenges that come along with a relationship.

No relationship is perfect. Sometimes they're not even close. But what matters in a relationship is not how perfect it is, but how much you care for one another, how much fun you have together and how you come out of tough situations as a couple.

If someone comes along and they don't meet the criteria on your mental checklist of what you want in a significant other, don't dismiss them right away. Everyone deserves a chance. You never know who you'll end up with. It could totally surprise you.