What Is Love?

What Is Love?

Love doesn't give up so why should you.

23
What Is Love?
Savanna Stevie

Picture this, two ordinary people meet in an ordinary way. Some time goes by and they continue to see each other, more and more as the days pass. They soon realize that they can't get each other out of their heads and they begin to date. More time goes by and they fall in love. They fall so deeply in love with one another that they do everything together. The good times last for a while but then things begin to fall apart. They take a short break and later decide that they can't be without one another so they end up getting back together. A month or so goes by and they officially cut things off and go their separate ways. It sounds like a typical love story, right?

Well, get this. After a little over a year of not speaking to one another, they run into each other and get to talking. They realize that they both still have feelings for the other and continue to stay in contact and hang out from time to time. You would think that with being back in each other's lives that everything would go back to normal and be perfect. Wrong.

A lot of people ask how to know if they are in love and the answer is usually, "You just know." People make it seem like it is so simple to know if you are truly in love with someone, but a lot of the time it isn't so simple. What I am really trying to get at is, is it possible to fall out of love with someone you have been so madly in love with one period of your life?

Going back to these two ordinary people, we already know they have a history with one another which can make things a little more difficult in a way. One of them knows for sure that they can see a future with the other, but the other was so heartbroken when they officially cut things off that she holds up a guard for herself. During the time they were not together, she truly found her inner self and what made her happy. She fixed ties with old friends and reached out and made new ones. No one likes to be single, but she was happy with it and was doing her own thing.

Now, with this person being back in her life again, she does not know what to think or how to feel. She wants to love him again and go back to the way things used to be, but nothing in the world can ever be the same. She knows for certain, though, that she could never see this person with someone other than herself, yet, right now she doesn't even know if she can see herself with him either. Talking to him and being with this person makes her happy, but at the same time, it still doesn't feel like it used to be. She knows deep down in her heart that she wants to be with this person and that they were the missing piece of her own puzzle, but why doesn't it feel that way right now? Is it because they are moving too fast? Do they start again as friends?

The feeling of being in love is the greatest feeling in the world, but it isn't as simple as people make it out to be sometimes. Love comes with many things, including heartache. When you fall in love, it isn't just a word anymore, it's a feeling and feelings can come and go, but what I've learned from others and from myself is that you should never give up on something that you love. Whether you know for certain that it is the right thing for you or not, don't give up on it.