What Is God's Will For Your Life?

What Is God's Will For Your Life?

God's will doesn't wait on you...
227

Often, we feel a necessity to follow God’s plan for our life but don’t have the slightest idea what that means or where God is leading us. It’s time to tell you the truth, God’s will and plan doesn’t wait on you.

God’s will can be carried out regardless of the decisions you make and despite the seemingly “poor decisions” you make about your life’s plan. This truth is somewhat humbling when you take time to think and ponder upon it.

What this revelation stems from is the realization that God, the creator of everything in existence, is in control no matter what. I don’t say that to make it seem like God is an overlord that controls your every move. God is not a puppet master and He doesn’t wish to control you, but rather have you drawn closer to Him.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11

I am sure we have all heard this verse from somewhere and its truth does hold eternal, but it is often used outside of the context of the actual passage. The problem is people take this verse as God confirming that He is always out for your best interest and so that means He will provide anything to help you along your way. Although not entirely inaccurate, this kind of logic fails on the ground floor. You see, God is out for the best interests of yourself and your life according to His plan but what we do is personalize God and make Him a caterer to our every want and need. We can’t continue to personalIZE a personal God. So, the perspective of this verse needs to be examined to make it more accurate.

God does all things for His own glory and most of the time we are too blind or prideful to let that happen.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28

The conversation of what God’s will and plan is for your life stems down to this, what is going to bring Him more glory? What will draw you close to Him for His eternal purpose? As hard as it is to hear that life isn’t all about us, our flesh needs to die daily for His will to be done.

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” – Matthew 16:24

In closing the final advice that is given throughout scripture is to let go. You must surrender and pick up your cross daily to bring Him glory. And out of surrender we find ourselves longing and desiring to be more like Him and obey what He has for us on a day in and day out basis.

If you find yourself in the land in between and don’t see what His will is for your life, STOP TRYING. Do everything in prayer and petition to him and surround yourself with wise counsel and a support system that seeks God’s will and God’s will, will find you.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” – Psalm 91:2