what i wish people knew when women of God are going through depression:

let's talk about it.

10

it's been two weeks.

two weeks filled with sobbing, questioning my purpose, no appetite, and lots & lots of praying.

yet most people see women of God and say "God's got her, she's strong in the Lord". most of us have this mindset that struggling with mental illness as a Christian means we're doing something wrong. but honestly... life happens. families fall apart. misunderstandings happen. so first... to the one affected by mental illness:

YOU ARE HUMAN

you are a human being just like everyone else.

JESUS IS NOT THE ONLY RELIANCE; community is just as essential.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity. Proverbs 17:17

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

and for my people on the outside looking in.. know this:

1. we still need community despite how "spiritually strong we are" - this should never dictate if we need community or not. we always need community. check on your friends.