What I Am Thankful For This Thanksgiving Season

My Family Is My Everything

3

It is easy to get carried away in the food, in the football, and the joyous to quickly forget the true meaning of Thanksgiving. I definitely am guilty of this because i LOVE all things Thankgiving! I love to wake up early and watch the Macy's Day Parade followed by the dog show. Then we either go to the Eggbowl if it is in Starkville or we watch it on the television screen and cheer on the bulldogs to victory....hopefully. The food is my favorite part because I love a fresh smoked turkey with dressing and I am always in charge of the sweet potato casserole. I make sure to put extra marshmallows on it each year. Sadly, by the end of the day each year I reflect on my day and wish I had said to my relative more that I was thankful for them and take a picture it to commemorate the moment. This Thankgiving is going to the first with out my grandmother and iI am very sad about because I did not get a picture with her last year. Life passes you by very quickly so you should always stop, take a breath, and live in the moment happiness before is it gone and the moment ceases to be a memory. So as we draw closer to Thanksgiving I want everyone to take a minute and be thankful for what you have. My family and friends are what I am most thankful for. Without them in my life, I do not know how I would make it. The next person I am thankful for is my cat and confidant Charles, without him to hug on when I go home from a stressful week of college, I honestly would not go home at all. Lastly, I am thankful for the ability to walk because during this summer I will not be able to, so I am soaking in as much mobility moments as I can. So I challenge you to hug your friend and pet closer, and to never take your life for granted.