What Every Girl Can Learn From Elle Woods

Trust me, you have all the right equipment. You just need to read the manual.

83
aol.com

Although many are quick to label Reese Witherspoon’s character in "Legally Blonde" as a wannabe Barbie, there is so much that women can take from her. From the importance of a well-kept manicure to getting accepted into a university with hard work, Elle really shows us how to conquer the world and look absolutely fabulous while doing so.

1. When they say you can’t, prove them wrong!

Try to live every day like Elle Woods after Warner told her that she wasn’t smart enough for law school! You should never let anyone tell you what you are capable of. If you want something bad enough and are willing to put in the effort you can accomplish it. Don’t let someone’s negative remarks keep you from reaching your dreams. When someone says you can’t, that is just one more reason why you can and you will!

2. Always stay true to your friends, they are your biggest supporters.

Elle was a sorority girl with a ton of sisters but she remained true to them all no matter how many she had. Being there for each other during the happy times and the not so happy times made their friendship so much stronger. When it comes to promises, Elle showed how truly trustworthy she was while defending her fellow sister on trial for murder. Be there for your friends and trust them just like they trust you.

3. The only person you have to be good enough for is yourself.

Everyone has their own idea of perfection and no matter how hard we all try, we will never be able to reach that ideal state. Elle often found herself feeling as though she was never enough for Warner. He made her feel like she wasn't serious enough, smart enough or good enough for him. It took time but Elle realized the reason she was never good enough for him was because she didn't have to be. The only person she needed to be good enough for was herself. You can only achieve the feeling of self worth once you accept yourself.

4. Trust me, You have all the right equipment. You just need to read the manual.

There is so much more to this line than “Bend and Snap.” Women have all they need to be successful, they just need to learn how to use it their advantage. Use your kindness to help others. Use your intelligence to do well on that incredibly hard exam and use your motivation to never give up even when the grade wasn’t as high as you had hoped. Women are so lucky to be living in a world where they are capable of using their skills to grow and prosper.

5. You must always have faith in yourself.

You are in control of your own life so you must always have faith in yourself. Many underestimate the power we hold within until we accomplish something great. You must know that it was you every step of the way that made that accomplishment possible. The nights studying, the party you missed, that one less hour of sleep, it was all those little things you did because you had faith in yourself that the outcome would be so much greater. Never give up on yourself because you have so much more to give.