What Does It Actually Mean To Be "Woke"?

#StayWoke is it just another conspiracy?

25

I'm sure everyone who uses the internet regularly has stumbled across the term "woke".

Yet, what does it actually mean and where does it originate from?

Stay Woke originally came from the African American community and it referred to being aware of the social injustices and discrimination.

However, as all words do, they evolve. Stay woke has started to grow from its traditional definition into an array of different meanings attached by a common string of logic.

Stay Woke stretches beyond conspiracy theories. It's grown beyond what humans can comprehend. It's spread into a grey matter of being aware of what we haven't always been aware of before.

Stay woke = keep your eyes peeled for the truth.

This means racism and sexism. This means hidden political agendas the media doesn't always cover. It's being aware of our environmental crisis, corporate America, and the wealthy elite controlling our lives.

It can be mundane and spiritual. It is both feeling caged and liberated. Caged because of the society we live in, yet the truth will set us free. It is a mass of mixed emotions, yet one thing remains clear.

We can not afford to be blind, ignorant, and silent any longer.