What Does It Mean To Be Beautiful?

What Does It Mean To Be Beautiful?

What It Means To Me

1403
What Does It Mean To Be Beautiful?
pixabay.com

In today's society, we go from left and right about what ideal beauty is. But what does it actually mean to be beautiful?

Many look up to celebrities, to models, T.V personalities, trying to figure out what their own ideal beauty is. We have this ideal beauty trend, makeup is everywhere! literally, men are pressured into having huge muscles, and women are pressured to having big butts, and small waists. It is definitely a negative way to perceive beauty. It's dangerous, because we are looking at a false reality.

I think as a society, we have what it means to be beautiful wrong. Many say they know beauty is on the inside, but then actions speak louder than words. As a society, we care too much about our looks. We naturally care too much about what others think about us, therefore affecting our perception on beauty.

I know it is such a cliche thing to say being beautiful starts from the inside, but it's so true. To be truly beautiful, you must learn to love yourself, love yourself through the insecurities, love the quirky things about yourself. It's okay to not have that perfect body, because let's face it a perfect body doesn't exist, but a perfect body in your own eyes does.

Being beautiful is having the chance to look at a mirror, and feel completely confident when you walk out the door. I've had to learn myself how to feel completely confident. I don't have a skinny body, but I do have little quirky things about myself that I have learned to love. I have uneven dimples, my hair gets frizzy here and there, I have acne, and I could shed a few pounds. As a young teenager, I was bullied for a long time I felt insecure about myself, but as I got older I really started to learn what it was to love myself, and that was a beautiful thing. It's the quirky things that make you, you! I understood that all the little quirky things about me, makes me me. I am the only one who can do it, I am the only one who can make that sound, or sing a certain way. I learned how to embrace everything about me, and run with it.

Being beautiful is showing love to others, and being kind. Many times it should be our actions that demonstrate who we are. If we bring love and laughter to another person, that's beautiful. Have you ever sat down and seen someone laugh? It's such a beautiful moment, because in that moment there isn't a care in the world, it's just a moment filled with happiness and love.

The most important thing for me is being a Christian, and I think that makes me beautiful. As a Christian, we are taught we are made in God's image. The only one who matters is God, and he created us to be beautiful! He didn't create us to have doubt, to feel depressed about our insecurities! God is love, and that only means because we were created in his image