What Does Galentine's Day Really Mean?

What Does Galentine's Day Really Mean?

We should be celebrating how much we love our friends every day of the year, not just one out of 365

6342
Google Images

Galentine's Day, not Valentine's Day, but GALentine's Day. Supposedly, this day is February 13, and it is solely dedicated to celebrate the love you have for your friends. While most girls are marking their calendars, all I'm thinking is is this really the only day where I can celebrate how awesome my friends are? Shouldn't we be doing this every day, not just on February 13? Thinking about this made me truly realize how much we take our friends for granted.

We should be celebrating how much we love our friends every day of the year, not just one out of 365. Now, I'm not saying that Galentine's Day should not celebrate (because let's be honest, it's adorable that someone thought of this), but we shouldn't just be thinking about how much we love our friends for only one day.

Friends are a crucial part of life. They're always there for you, whether you need to eat a ton of junk food and cry, or if you're laughing at the dumbest thing that only you guys would understand. They send the funniest things to the group chat late at night, and they share some of your favorite memories with you. We should be celebrating how lucky and grateful we are to have our friends every day, not just on February 13.

Although the idea of Galentine's Day is adorable and fun, we should not just have one designated day to celebrate our friends. We should be doing this every day, even if it means just saying something as simple as "I'm glad you're in my life" to your friends. We don't need to have an extravagant day to celebrate our friendships, we should be able to show how much they mean to us every day.

To my friends, Happy Galentine's Day, you guys are the absolute best.