What Do You Need to Know About Dermatology Compounded Medications?

Dermatology Compounded Medications

23

Skin conditions are aplenty worldwide, and the demand for dermatologists on a global scale remains sky-high. What's their secret? Dermatology Compounded Medications, more often than not.

In fact, many long-standing dermatologists undoubtedly attribute their success to it. Of course, this benefit goes both ways. People who have no other choice but to rely on them or simply find that Dermatology compounded medications are infinitely better will say as much.

If you want to be oriented on how Online Dermatology Pharmacy can help you and dermatologists in more ways than one, then take the time to read the facts we laid out below.

Why Are Compounded Medications Important in the Field of Dermatology?

If you’re already aware of what compounded medicines are, know that those that are centered on dermatology are no different from customized medications that fall under other categories. It still involves combining various ingredients for the purpose of either strengthening its efficacy or meeting the patients’ personal preferences.

Most of these medicines are topical in form, and dermatologists often have as much leeway in prescribing customized solutions to their patients. These include creams and gels. However, there are other forms that customers may choose from, such as injections of supplements like glutathione, Vitamin C, or B12, among others. Of course, oral solutions are available as well.

Based on the facts outlined above, it’s not hard to see the value imparted by compounded medications to patients and dermatologists. We mentioned giving dermatologists as much freedom and compounding being one of the keys to their success. These facts will serve to back it up:

• There’s almost always more than one medication required to treat most kinds of dermatology-related conditions. With compounding, dermatologists will never run out of treatment options to decide the best route to take for their patients.
  • Dermatologists often know their patients best, especially if they’ve been consulting and treating them for a long time. The fact that the only way for them to ensure that they’ll meet the patients’ preferences and needs is through compounding highlights its indispensability.

What Kind of Treatments Are Typically Offered?

Compounding pharmacies are seldom alike. However, it will be surprising if one doesn’t offer myriad topical medications. Expect to be able to gain access to higher concentrations/doses of conventional medications that you see in your local pharmacy.

• There are also supplement injections available that deliver quicker results in many cases.
  • Glutamine and Vitamin D capsules, available in various dosages, are commonly prescribed as well.
  • Besides the one already mentioned above, you’ll see plenty of topical creams that include coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, etc.
  • When treating inflammation-based conditions, expect natural ingredients like aloe vera to be preferred by certain services.
  • Should the dermatologist decide on a hormone-based approach, oral progesterone capsules are also available.

Proven Advantages of Compounded Dermatological Solutions for Patients

• Better options for patients when it comes to treating their conditions in the long run. For example, the patient may only be getting less-than-stellar results from conventional drug options when treating a condition like, let’s say, psoriasis. A customized solution may be able to take care of that.
  • You’ll be able to take the exact strength and combination of ingredients you need to not only guarantee better results but be more convenient for you in the long term. After all, you’ll almost always be able to take it in one go, saving time.
  • You won’t have to pay for more than medication, especially if a batch can be mixed safely. Just imagine the amount of money you can save with this benefit, especially if you have to take medications for an extended period of time.
  • Dermatological personalized medications are also no different from their other compounded counterparts when lessening the risk of side effects. You may eliminate certain ingredients like dyes and other synthetic chemicals found in standard treatment options to completely rule out the possibility of exposing your system to them.

Are There Are Risks Involved in Having Topical Solutions Personalized?

The most obvious disadvantage is that any kind of compounded medication is not regulated by the FDA. There’s definitely a trust factor involved when dealing with a local Online Dermatology Pharmacy in Florida or any state for that matter.

You’ll have to look at the company’s accreditations and whether they adhere to safety standards. It won’t hurt if they can show proof via tests on their products conducted by independent laboratories.

Be mindful that compounded medications are also tied to the following inherent risks:

• There’s always a chance that consistency in quality won’t be maintained. Since it’s not FDA-regulated, it may be difficult to know whether mistakes happened during the preparation.
  • There may be ingredients that chemically interact and may bring about unwarranted side effects.

We can’t emphasize the importance of guaranteeing your safety when taking customized medications. After all, there’s already a number of serious cases that stem from improper compounding. Some have even resulted in deaths.

How Can You Ensure You’ll Be Buying from a Safe Company?

• Verify their accreditations and the third-party labs that test their products.
  • Find the time to ask about the pharmacists that work for them. What are their educational and professional backgrounds? The more you’re sure that you’re working with competent staff, the less you’ll have to worry about botched compounded medications.
  • Aim to partner with a more transparent company. They should be willing to, at least, reveal the entire process of compounding as well as an in-depth report of every compounded medication they produce for you.
  • Ask them for exhaustive info regarding their products -- no more, no less. This goes for the ingredients, product descriptions, exact dosages, possible side effects, and expiration dates.

Bay Life Compounding Pharmacy:

These are, more or less, the basic, must-know information that anyone interested in giving compounded dermatologic medications a try must know. These types of medications can deliver powerful advantages, that much is certain.

However, they can be a double-edged sword if you don’t pay attention to how a specific service ensures your safety. With all things considered, that should be your number one priority before anything else.