What Christmas Means to Me

What Christmas Means to Me

Christmas has a different meaning to everyone, but to me this is what it means.

40
What Christmas Means to Me

Christmas is something different for everyone, but to me there are two things that are important this holiday season! Those two things are Jesus and my family.

Jesus is important because this whole season is for Him! We celebrate Christmas in honor of Jesus' birthday. It isn't about the presents or the fat man with a white beard that comes down your chimney on December 24th, it is about the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Okay, yes, I will admit, getting presents at Christmas time is nice, but that is not what the season is all about. The season is about giving and giving back to your community. If at all possible I challenge each and everyone of you who reads this to go out into your community this holiday season and give back to those in need. Not everyone has it as good as you do, so go help those who are less fortunate. My mother and I have a tradition that every year we go and feed a homeless person who is on the side of the road. We cannot do much ourselves, but if we can help one person be less hungry this holiday season we are happy to do it.

The other thing that is important to me during the holiday season is family. I love my family with all my heart. I do not really get to see a lot of my family that much because I am school all the time and they have their own lives and families to worry about. The holidays are the only time we can all get together as a family and celebrate. It is a big deal when my family gets together because we have a lot of great grandkids now so it is fun being able to see how much they have grown since the last time I had seen them.

During this holiday season do not forget the true meaning of Christmas. If you do not get what you want this year, just appreciate what you did get and don't dwell on the things you didn't. Enjoy your family and make sure you give back!

Merry Christmas Everyone!