“What a crackhead”

“What a crackhead”

A mom, a sister, a friend.

80
“What a crackhead”

For most, it means close to nothing, it's words. It's a description of someone they see who's cracked out on no telling what who casually walks into your work place or walks by you in the store. However to me, and many others, it breaks our hearts, it hits home, it hits the core.

You're talking about someone who used to mean everything to us, someone who is our blood, someone who deep down is our family. I understand they mean very little to you, and by your very little observation that's what you've picked up. But I'm sure I could find something to judge you on pretty quick if I wanted to. I grew up being embarrassed to go in public with her and if I'm being honest I wouldn't step foot in a public place today with her either, because I know how people are. I can still see the stares and here the comments made by people that saw "the poor little girl". However, she made me so much better, she showed me what I don't want to be when I grow up. Kids with parents as addicts have it so tough, they struggle so much more than your average kid, but they also have an advantage, they see what they want to be at a young age. They know what to run from when they get older. They see the bad crowd at a small age. I understand it's hard not to stare and make the comments, but before you do, realize this is someone's whole world. This is someone's mom, dad, sister or brother. You're breaking their heart.