What 2016 Looked Like To Me

What 2016 Looked Like To Me

This year was pretty crappy, but there was some light to it.

5
We Know Your Dreams

2016 is the first year I can officially say that I don't like. 2016 has been a year of loss, and I do not know why. As a nation, there has been over a dozen of famous/influential people losses, and I have had three personal losses. We are still suffering from major discrimination in this country, and have elected probably the worst candidate for president for the next four years. We have officially lost as a nation, and all we can do is look forward.

2016 has been the year of my first heartbreak. It has been the loss of friends and the beginnings of new ones. That is when I start to remind myself that all of these horrible things can happen in one year, but the one good thing that happens can keep you moving forward. 2016 has been the year I learned to stand up for myself and to be more assertive. I no longer let others walk all over me because it will get me nowhere. 2016 has been the year when I have learned to cope with my depression and anxiety, and actually, speak up when I need help with them. 2016 was the year I got my first adult job, and adulting sucks. 2016 was the year that I lost some very special people in my life. 2016 was the year that led me to God. Without all of the heartache, pain and questioning that 2016 has brought me, I would not have found God again. Overall, 2016 really has sucked for all of us, and I know everyone can not wait until 2017 starts, but at least we're alive and healthy. Make the most out of this last week of this crappy year!