We're Half-Way There!

We're Half-Way There!

We've reached halfway through 2020

12
We're Half-Way There!
https://europe.ilsf.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/12/Best-wishes-for-the-New-Year-2020-777x437.jpg

2020, when you thought about this year approaching you thought it was going be the best year. The golden year even. I mean how could it not be? 2020 is a new decade.

On New Years Eve night of 2019, we all sat excitedly counting down the minutes, the seconds to this new year, new beginning. 5...4...3...2...1! The confetti went off on our big screens as it was 2020. A year to remember right, but not in the way we imagined.

No one could of thought 2020 would be like this. We are living in a pandemic; the world basically shut down, and now we are getting used to the new normal. It is a scary time for us all.

This week marks the halfway point through 2020. We've survived the first half, but who knows what the second half has in store for us. I believe that this is going be the turning point to our year. Our mindset on how we handle the challenges will be critical to the outcome of the second half.

The first half was traumatic. Fear of a virus consumed us, dictating our lives. But, it has brought about kindness: the greetings we holler at neighbors, the deliveries we make to our grandparents, the nights spent spending time with family. We were able to focus on glimpses of hope. Hope for things to get better. This hope can only mean the second half of our year is going be brighter.

As the saying goes, "the best is yet to come." We can do it! This upcoming second half of 2020 may be tough, but it also may bring about great change. The way we approach this half is critical in order to make it better. Things will be different in our lives. As an incoming UGA student, I know that on campus my life is going to be very different from the lives of college students in years past. However, we need to all look on the bright side in our situation and make the best of whatever comes. Only then, can we move forward. There is no point to be upset as we truly have so much ahead. Sure, things are very likely going to be different, but we must look at the positives as well. The second half of 2020 is going to offer us so many challenges and opportunities. It is going to be our mindset that ultimately decides how we finish the rest of this year.

You may be thinking, "oh great, we're only half-way through 2020." But- this is the turning point. This is going be the time things get better. We've got the second half to change our circumstances and make 2020 not as horrendous a year as it has been. Bring it on part two of 2020! We are ready and excited because we know we are going to be alright. The best is truly yet to come.