Welcoming In November

Welcoming In November

Halloween may be over, but there's still more to look forward to.

9831
Welcoming In November
Noblesse Oblige

Halloween has almost come and gone, and it's nearly time to put away the costumes and finish off your candy. But while the excitement of trick or treating and costume parties begins to fade, there's new things to look forward to. November brings in the twilight of autumn and the chill in the airs gets a little bit cooler. The trees begin to become bare, losing most of their leaves at this point and we begin to brace for winter. While all of this may not sound like much fun, there's still plenty to enjoy in November. November to me symbolizes time spent with family and friends creating warm memories to stave off the chilly days.

October, November, and December are some of my most favorite months within the entire year. It's a busy time of year, but it's also fun and memorable. November stands out for, of course, Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. Not only is it an entire day devoted to eating (which is something that I, personally, love about it) but it also means that it's time spent with the people closest to you. There's not much better than that.

I also love the chill in the air that comes in November. One of my favorite things about fall is being able to throw on a cozy sweater and boots and walk out into the fresh, crisp air. While so far this year's fall has been less than chilly, I still look forward to when it finally will cool down and I can fully embrace the autumn season and the clothing that comes along with it. It's all of this that makes this time of year feel warm and cozy.

And while the bright colors and leaves begin to fade and fall away, and just the bones of the trees are left, I still love looking around at nature in November. The change that occurs in the month symbolizes endings and new beginnings just beyond the horizon. Knowing that in a few months the trees will begin to bloom again with fresh buds, allows me to enjoy watching the earth slow down and rest during the winter months. The cycle of the seasons throughout the year has always been something that fascinates and intrigues me.

Even with the cooler days there's still so much to enjoy about, and look forward to, with November. There's time spent with family and friends, and there's always the holidays just around the corner. It's all this excitement and fun that makes me enjoy this time of year so much. Fall is my favorite season because each month of fall represents something unique within it. So while we look towards the end of October, as we head into the twilight of the year, just remember that there's still so much more to look forward to in the coming weeks of November.