Welcome Home, Sir Stanley

Welcome Home, Sir Stanley

We Kane, We Shaw, We Crawford!

8
Welcome Home, Sir Stanley

Hockey is life.

Over the past six years the Blackhawks have managed to win three Stanley Cups and Chicago finally has a winning team again. This is how it must feel to be a Yankees fan. It's pride that builds in your gut and shines out through your pores.

The Blackhawks are a team of humble, stoic and extremely attractive people. When you see them on TV with all their beards growing out #ohbaby. But they' are also honest, good and philanthropic. Each player gets the Stanley Cup for one day. On this one day, they can do whatever they want with it. When our one of our captains, Jonathan Toews got the cup, he spent the day at Misericordia. Misericordia is a college campus style living facility for people with mental and physical handicaps. Toews did not inform the media and only let residents and people who work there enjoy the magic of the Cup. He gave back to his city. We love them for that.

Chicago loves the Blackhawks so much that the Tampa Bay Lightning pulled something that's never happened before in any sport. They tried to ban a Blackhawks fan from even getting tickets to the game. The mayor of Tampa, Bob Buckhorn, can be quoted as saying, "We don't need to be hospitable because we are going to win." They weren't selling tickets to people who didn't have Florida area codes when typing in their credit card information. They tried to ban Blackhawks fans from wearing our own merchandise! This is America people! THIS IS AMERICA. Even after all of the pettiness that Tampa Bay was displaying Chicago mayor, Rahm Emaunel, still welcomed their fans into our city with open arms. We as Chicago Blackhawk fans and as members of the city, love our franchise and our players that inspire us to be the bigger and better person.

Tampa Bay was an incredible opponent (although they stormed off the ice after the first game in the series without shaking our hands when we beat them on their own turf). Both teams won games in this series and they should both be commended for making it to the Stanley Cup Finals. No one even scored in the first period of game six! However, the Hawks pulled through, and in the end, Stanley came back to Sweet Home Chicago.

So, go ahead and do a little dance,

show a little pride,

and get down tonight or today or whenever because it's well deserved.

Sir Stanley is coming home and we welcome him with open arms. We Kane, We Shaw, We Crawford!