Weezer's Albums, From Worst To Best

Weezer's Albums, From Worst To Best

Here is my unapologetic, opinionated ranking of Weezer's discography.

1254
Weezer's Albums, From Worst To Best

With their new album coming out soon, I figured, "Why not rank Weezer's discography from worst to best?"

Weezer has ten fully released albums, and one due to be released on October 27th. As they are one of my favorite bands (when they are at their best), I've decided to give my personal ranking of the Weezer discography.

10. Raditude

I don't even know what to say about Raditude. Famous for bangers like "Can't Stop Partying," this album is either a fantastic joke or absolute trash. Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards absolute trash. However, I hear the acoustic version of the aforementioned song is pretty haunting. All the album really accomplished was killing any hope Weezer fans had for another Pinkerton/Blue Album era of the band.

9. Make Believe

"Make Believe," like Raditude, is without a doubt a bad album. It is hard to believe the same band that made albums like Blue Album and Pinkerton made this monstrosity. This was the beginning of a creative downward spiral from front man, Rivers Cuomo. Unfortunately the pop album just wasn't what Weezer fans wanted. Judging by the single release from the upcoming album, Pacific Daydream, it would be falling somewhere around here. However, it's too early to say what the album will sound like as a whole. I shouldn't even mention the monstrosity that was "Beverly Hills." It was a dark time to be a Weezer fan, with not much sign of light in the future.

8. Hurley

The middle child of three abysmal albums. I can't say I ever hated Hurley, but if I was told it didn't exist, I certainly wouldn't feel bad. There isn't anything else to say, really. I feel like Rivers must have been trolling his fans with this album. It's a whole lot of nothing.

7. Weezer (Green Album)

This may surprise you, but in my opinion, Green Album is awfully boring and mundane. It has some saving graces, unlike the previous albums on this list, but it's definitely a low point in the Weezer discography for me. I personally think the album is full of boring lyrics and so/so instrumentation.

6. Weezer (Red Album)

Well, it's like Green Album, only there's a cowboy hat. I personally thought half the tracks on red were decent. "Pork and Beans" was funny, and I feel like Red Album was at least a little more imaginative than the dull, monotonous verse-chorus-verse style of Green Album. It is certainly not a good album, but it is less boring to listen to than Green.

5. Maladroit

Ah, yes, Maladroit. Some Weezer fans rank this a little higher, but I don't think it is quite up to scratch with the following albums. However, after Green Album, Maladroit was a welcome throwback to the good, old Weezer. Its instrumentation is fun and enjoyable, and it's probably the first album on this list I'd say is worth listening to.

4. Everything Will Be Alright In The End

It took about eighteen years, but Weezer was back and Rivers was sorry. This album is a great listen, and almost made up for the six albums between it and Pinkerton. It is not without flaws, however. Far from it. But it gave Weezer fans a lot of hope for the future of the band. Rivers was back to making the garage rock that Weezer fans love.

3. Weezer (Blue Album)

Alright, so this is the point in the list that I lose all credibility and everyone gives up.

"Ummm... David... Blue seems a little low here."

Yeah, maybe you're right, but the number two spot has been taken on this day. This being said, Blue Album is full, tune after tune, of amazing guitar playing and fantastic lyrics. The album starts off strong and stays that way. Weezer's first album is for sure one of their greatest. However, this is my personal list where I hold the power, so Blue is getting third today.

2. Weezer (White Album)

White Album is an unexpected, underrated masterpiece. It's the sleeper album that critics, for some reason, didn't give the credit it deserved. White has some beautiful piano pieces, and every song on this album is exceptional. The album includes some chill, somber songs, like the final track, "Endless Bummer," which has fantastic vocals and some great instrumentation. White Album is definitely the best Weezer album since Pinkerton, and remains my second favorite Weezer album.

1. Pinkerton

I shouldn't really have to say anything for this one. If you haven't listened to it, well, you have to. This is not optional. And if you don't like it, well... I don't know what to say to you. Pinkerton is unarguably a masterpiece, as well as a quintessential sad boy album.

So, there you have it. Weezer has some less than great albums, however, their genre defining Pinkerton and Blue Album make up for it.