My Week Without Netflix

My Week Without Netflix

At least I know I can survive without Netflix for a week.

184
My Week Without Netflix
Game Fragger

My predictions: I don’t think I depend on Netflix too heavily, but I feel like I might not be completely aware how much I use it. I think as the week starts out I will be productive. Later in the week, I think my boredom will increase. I predict that YouTube will start to fill in for Netflix. I need to be careful that I don’t go from one crutch to another.

Sunday Day 1: I made it through the first day of no Netflix. I was productive but I already started watching YouTube. I thought I would have been more productive without Netflix but so far I have done the same amount of stuff as normal. I feel like tomorrow it will be easier to not worry about Netflix with classes during the day. I popped in a DVD before bed, which I don’t do too often anymore, I enjoyed it.

Monday, Day 2: Today went the same as a normal Monday for me. Between classes, I worked on homework. When I got home I watched a lot of YouTube videos. I’m surprised I have not been more productive. Tomorrow is the busiest day of the week for me so I don’t think I will be missing Netflix much.

Tuesday, Day 3: I did not have much down time at all today. When I finally sat down it was after 6:30 pm. I put on YouTube videos while I did some homework. Eventually, I gave all my attention over to the videos. The lack of Netflix is not affecting me as much as I thought it would. Netflix has officially been taken over by YouTube. I am starting to think Netflix wasn’t the problem. I need to get rid of my distraction habit. Tomorrow should be interesting I have a lot I need to get done and very little class time, we’ll see if I get distracted.

Wednesday, Day 4: Today I was good at getting things done. However, it was also the first that I had difficulty not being able to watch Netflix. I got bored of YouTube. I had watched all that I wanted to. I took a nap and once I got back up I remembered an old YouTube channel I hadn’t watched in a while and I was back at it.

Thursday, Day 5: Being without Netflix hasn’t changed my routine. Whenever I would normally watch Netflix has been replaced with YouTube. Netflix wasn’t the problem, I just have a problem with distractions and prioritizing. Before I started this I thought about a bunch of things I would have time for and got excited about doing them. I haven’t gotten around to doing any of those things. It’s not because I don’t have time, it is because I put on videos and become complacent. I still think about doing other things while watching videos just never stop and do them.

Friday, Day 6: Today was the easiest day I have had without Netflix so far. Although I know that is because I had plans, which I most of the time have nothing going on. My Friday nights usually consist of me putting on Netflix until I fall asleep. I also did a good job of getting things done in the morning. I think if I have a reason I need to get things done I am better at staying focused.

Saturday, Day 7: The final day has come! I made it to the end. I didn’t have any work that I needed to do today because I made sure to finish it before today. I had a busy day full of plans, I went for a hike in the morning, went out for dinner in the evening, and saw a movie at night. There was no need for Netflix today.

When I started this week, I thought it would just be an entertaining experiment to try. In the end, I discovered more about my personal habits, including that Netflix is not the reason I am lazy. I have a problem motivating myself to get tasks done unless I have something I really want to go do. I need to find little goals I can pursue to motivate myself and procrastinate less.