Week Three is Over!

Week Three is Over!

Even though, the work load is getting harder I know that I can handle it.

4
Week Three is Over!
Watchdog

School is in full swing and I can't believe that it has been three weeks. It seems like so much longer. These past few weeks have been great too!

I have seen a few of my friends that I haven't seen since last May. Now since I have a car I can get off campus when I want to. Last week was really hard for me, there was some friend drama and I am so happy that I could go to one of my friends and say "let's get off of campus for a while." She did come with me and we had a nice evening of pizza and ice cream. I am so happy that I have people around me where I can ask them to listen to me rant about anything and they will be there for me.

A few nights ago a friend and I met up to do homework in my dorm room. We had to do our linguistics homework and we so much fun trying to transcript words into the IPA transcription. We had so much fun, and we sounded so silly because we had to sound out the words and figure out the symbols. I know that we sounded almost like idiots trying to figure everything out. Sadly, I don't really understand this class and I have a test on it next week.

I still can't believe that I am a sophomore at DU of C. It feels like yesterday that I first moved into Pennafort as a freshman. I still remember move in day vividly, and I am so happy that I came here. Even though I went through some hard times last year I am so happy to have met the people that are my friends. I don't know what I would do without them in my life. Friends are the best medicine in the world in my opinion. I know that when I am having a hard time I can turn to my friends and they will help me.

One thing about college students that I have noticed is that time seems to go backwards. In middle and high school no one would be riding a scooter around campus but now some people do. This probably happens because as college students we have lots of freedom so we act how we want to. I mean I have Lego toys in my room, they remind me of my childhood and how when I was young I had troubles but I got through them and I can get through anything that is thrown at me. I believe that everyone has a bit of a child in them and in certain situations that child emerges. Not to mention the caffeine we consume to keep awake after long nights of studying and doing homework. I think the caffeine also makes us a bit crazy at times, at least that is how it affects me.

Even though, the work load is getting harder I know that I can handle it. I am so happy being back here at Dominican and I can't wait till I see what this year has in store for me.