Week One Post-Grad Looks Like This

Week One Post-Grad Looks Like This

Undergrad is over and so are you

10
Week One Post-Grad Looks Like This
Decider

Here's what one week post-undergraduate looks like:

1. You don't really feel too much regarding graduation or college, except tired because finals week was still a killer.

2. You somehow turn into the less refined version of yourself...and it always involves food.

3. You start to realize that your whole life has been in school and now you're not...in school.

4. You contemplate selling every book you've ever bought for school and burning every sheet of paper you've ever used, but then tell yourself it'll come in handy in the workforce or something.

5. You feel like you're back in high school because everyone keeps asking you what's next and that they can't wait to see where you end up.

I'm trying not to end up back at home and what's next is whatever I muster the confidence to apply for. And you have to watch this all unfold.

6. You spend hours looking at potential grad schools and jobs, just to find you missed the deadline for most of them because you were too busy just trying to finish the semester strong.

Forward thinking isn't something you seemed to have mastered in undergrad.

7. Everyone says you seem so much calmer and they're excited that you can be involved in holiday festivities without the pressure of the coming semester.

8. You sleep in. A lot.

9. You keep reminding people that you have a degree.

Can't seem to bake the cake right? Well, at least you have a degree. Didn't shower two days in a row? Well, you do have a degree. Still can't distinguish left from right? Well, you still have a degree. You're capable of ANYTHING.

10. You question if you deserved your degree even when everyone says they're so proud.

But then you remember, even when you slacked and didn't learn anything, you still came, saw, and conquered.

You still have a lot to learn, but you took the risk and started the journey. So stop mopping and be proud. Confidence is key, even with the degree.

Bring on week two.