Wedding Nightmares

Wedding Nightmares Are The Worst

Take it from me, a videographer and photographer that's seen his fair share of disorganized weddings: schedule your wedding so you won't be as stressed on one of the happiest days of your life.

46
Wedding Nightmares Are The Worst
Photo by Scott Webb from Pexels

Trust me. We have seen it all.

Everyone knows of the horror stories that Weddings can be. Heck, most people even have their own stories to add to the conversation and topic of weddings they have heard of and weddings they have witnessed.

But no one quite sees as many of these experiences (or the reasons these stories come to fruition) as the vendor and people who make it all happen.

And let me tell you... we've got some doozies.

This is an article that I may turn into a rotating series every now and then, because I have so many different stories.

So I better start this one off with some explanation and a good lesson for you brides or family of the bride that will be involved in the wedding planning.

If you would kindly excuse my own pitch here, I'm a videographer (my bread and butter) and a photographer in my spare time. My business is called Christian Carey Media, and you can find me on Facebook and Instagram. I love to travel and would love to chat and get coffee with you to talk about your needs. Anyway, pitch over.

Here's a huge lesson to be learned regarding weddings: You HAVE to be scheduled in order for your wedding to go semi-decently.

Now I know there are a lot of brides out there who are kinda scatter-brained, with a "fly by the seat of your pants" mentality. I totally get that. I'm not that way but my wife is and, after much discussion about how our differences make us unique (smiley face), I have come to cherish.

But when it comes to a wedding, you have got to get it together, girl. That means hire a good and credible coordinator, make some To-Do lists, make a calendar and a schedule, etc.

Do not let it slip through your fingers.

I worked a Wedding once where EVERYONE was off schedule. No one knew where anything was, the makeup artist was behind a whole hour, and the bridesmaids literally complained. I worked my butt off at this wedding trying to make sure everything went right. It was a mad house. And the Ceremony was hardly perfect. No one knew their cues or their assignments/stances. It did turn out good at the end, but the headache and stressing was a huge factor. I'm sure this bride wished that she did not have to go through all of this.

I'm not saying that everything will be ruined if you aren't schedule to a tee. But you run the risk of that oh so perfect day becoming a hot mess real fast.