Websites Every College Student Should Know

With the internet at our fingertips, many websites have been made to help students achieve success in the classroom

195

With the internet at our fingertips, many websites have been made to help students achieve success in the classroom. Here is a list of sites that are designed to help students gain accomplishment in class.

1. Kahn Academy

One of the best sites for learning, this website has many different topics that can help you learn a lesson that maybe your professor didn't teach too well.

2. TED.com

Ted is a great resource for speeches on just about anything. Need some motivation for the day? TED has it. Need an insight into some medical science? TED has that too. You can browse the many different topics, all arranged in alphabetical order.

3. Youtube.com

If you can keep yourself from getting distracted (IE- watching cat videos), youtube has a whole range of educational videos. Crash Course is a good place, and you can also find Kahn videos on youtube as well.

4. Quizlet.com

Need to make flashcards, but don't want to waste paper? Quizlet is a great site for that! Not only can you make as many as you need without ever running out of paper, you will never lose them either. They also have games you can play to help learn the material.

5. Habitica.com

Also an app! This website/game helps students create lasting habits in an RPG style game form.

6. Amazon.com

Along with Amazon student, and regular prime, when you need something fast, Amazon always has your back.

7. Rate My Professor.com

I always use this while creating my schedule. It helps you pick the professor who will be the best fit for you as a student.

8. TomatoTimer

Need help keeping focus? Using the Pomodoro technique can help you stay focused and get your work done.

9. Ambient Mixer.com

Dorm hall too loud? Music too distracting? Ambient Mixer allows you to make or choose a mix of sounds to create an atmosphere. Want to work during a rainy day when the rain is shining? Turn to ambient mixer!

10. SlugBooks.com

Crying over the price of your textbooks? Check out Slugbooks. Slugbooks compares textbook prices from different sites for both buying and renting options. This helps you find the cheapest book.

11. Grammerly.com

A holy grail for Odyssey writers, and college students. Grammarly is plug-in for browsers, like Chrome, and helps with spelling and grammar mistakes. I use it all the time since I am constantly writing something on my computer.