Wearing Makeup To Class Every Day Is My Choice, Not Yours
Beauty Fashion

The Full Face Of Makeup I Wear To Class Is None Of Your Business, End Of Discussion

Yes, I wear a full face of makeup to class, and no I don't care what you think.

223

Every morning I start my day by eating cereal, watching Fox News and doing my makeup.

Yes, that's right, I put a face full of makeup on every single day.

I wear makeup because I love it. Not because I'm insecure, feel like I need it, or I want to be more appealing to others. Stereotypes such as those paint women who wear makeup as trying to impress other people, rather than just doing it because they like it.

I've had guys tell me that women who wear makeup are liars. They lie to men about how they actually look and trick them into thinking they are prettier than what they thought. But if you can't see past some makeup on someone's face, then I think you need to reevaluate yourself.

Women have the right to choose if they want to wear a full face of makeup, or if they want to wear none at all. We pressure women in society to fit into this tiny box if they want to be considered attractive. If you scroll through Instagram or Snapchat to see what the general public considers attractive you'll see women with a big butt, toned, posing on the beach in a high cut bathing suit, her hair down, and arching her back to make her butt look even bigger. To make this "candid" shot perfect, they should have a tan.

We place so much emphasis on beauty and looking one way versus another, then shame women for wearing makeup? Newsflash: no woman is perfect and every picture you see on social media is far from a true candid shot. People need to realize that natural beauty doesn't mean a no makeup day — when you wear a light amount of makeup that still looks like you are not wearing any at all — with a filter, maybe some photoshop, and taking the picture from the right angle in the right lighting.

Beauty is defined by what is appealing to that individual. Not by other people's judgment. So if you want to wear a full face of makeup do it. If you hate makeup and hate doing it, don't wear it. At the end of the day, who cares what you do, besides yourself?