I Wore Makeup For A Week When I Normally Don't, Here's What Happened Monday-Sunday

As often as she might think.

228

Being the kind of person that I am, I don't wear makeup. The only time I wear makeup is when I really need to, and that is not very often. But the previous week, I thought after Monday with deciding to put on makeup for the day to see what it would be like to wear makeup for a week when I myself am not one to wear makeup for this long of a period of time. For the school year, I am on a quest to try and love myself more (thank you BTS for being the push for that), and this is what I'm going to try this week with wearing makeup. Here we go.

Monday

I didn't decide to start this little experiment until after I took off my makeup for the day. But as I was taking it off, I figured out I would do this little thing. So the next day, I will be beginning the experiment. Not much will be said for this day, so here we go with the thing!

Tuesday

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I go to a high school to doing a field placement with an in-class intervention specialist. I wake up at 5:30 am and I do my usual routine. But then I added in doing my makeup. My natural makeup routine takes about 8 to 10 minutes and it was a quick thing. The thing that got me was that I went to Dunkin' Donuts at six in the morning to get a coffee and a donut to get me through the day. It was snowing, and I was worried about what my makeup would look like.

That was the first time I ever thought that.

But I forgot that I even did my makeup throughout my placement and everything else. But I felt very… good about myself during the day.

Wednesday

At this point, I felt like I should become a beauty guru talking about my everyday makeup routine on YouTube (although some friends and I are about to launch a YouTube channel soon and I have no clue who's posting the first video). But in a way, I really enjoyed doing this little addition to my routine and having more time to myself.

Thursday and Friday

I kind of got lazy these last few days and was only putting on my concealer all over my face (it was full coverage and I was looking a little red) and light eyeshadow. But nothing really changed my mind with how I felt about looking how I did. I was also going with my friend Sam to a bowling fundraiser on Friday and was going to have to bowl so... less is good I guess.

Also, guests were coming over for the weekend.

Saturday

Went to the mall, had Buffalo Wild Wings with a group of people, only wore concealer. No eyeshadow, nothing. I think at this point I was realizing that this was an experiment and I wasn't having fun with it. I wasn't doing this for myself at this point in time, and I felt... sad.

So Sunday I wore nothing except moisturizer.

What did I learn? The same thing I intended to learn at the beginning of this: love myself. I loved myself when I looked in the mirror and saw either a face with makeup on or a face with pimples and acne scars. So I guess that something to take away. If I got to do makeup for an event, I will. If I want to do my makeup on a random Friday, I will.

I mean, I did it right now on a Tuesday night.