T-Shirt And Shorts Outfit

What I Wear To Class Does NOT Affect My Ability To Learn

There's nothing wrong with my t-shirt and shorts outfit for class.

471

It's 2018. It's so popular to see girls, and even some guys, just living their everyday life while wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. This is such a common occurrence, especially across college campuses.

Of course, there are those people who always seem to wear really cute outfits to class, but I'm not one of those people. I like to wear my 't-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes' combo. But every so often, I see those Facebook posts resurface about how unprofessional and awful it is for girls to dress this way. The arguments are usually "this isn't professional" or "that looks trashy."

Well, my comfort is more important to me than your opinion.

I pay thousands of dollars each year to be able to eventually earn my bachelor's degree. I want to expand my learning, and I even want to get my master's as well. So, being a 21-year-old college student, I understand the professional thing. However, my "unprofessional" clothing doesn't affect my learning abilities. And my professors don't judge me for what I'm wearing, so why does everyone else?

I am taking five classes this semester. 15 credit hours. This is a normal semester for me. I walk from one side of campus to the other and back again several times throughout the day, in the burning heat and freezing cold for my classes. I lug around the heavy textbooks in my backpack for these classes since they are back to back. So, with all of that in mind, I want to dress as comfortably as possible. I don't want to have to walk in the humidity and heat everyday wearing nice pants, a blouse, and uncomfortable shoes.

I want to wear clothes that are comfortable for that across campus hike I make several times a day.

So, if everyone wants to take to Facebook to talk about the t-shirt and shorts outfit that everyone likes to wear, have at it. But I will continue to dress the way I want to dress because my learning abilities work the same, no matter how I look of dress each day.