15 Ways We Should All Be More Like Cristina Yang

3793
Tumblr

Let's be honest, Cristina Yang is a full-time cardio God and a full-time badass. From groundbreaking surgeries to being Meredith Grey's person, Cristina Yang succeeds, exceeding expectations and leaving everyone in awe. If we were all a little more like her, we would all be better off. Here are a 15 ways we should all try channeling our inner Yang.

1. Value yourself.

Drop dead gorgeous or not, you are special, you matter, and you are more than just your looks. Just like Cristina Yang, one should appreciate and accentuate their talents, abilities, and qualities that are more than just skin deep. Screw beautiful, you're all brilliant. That makes you beautiful in itself.

2. Keep your cool.

OK, so bottling your emotions isn't the answer but, honestly, we could all stand to keep our cool. Cristina Yang takes this to a new extreme, even to the point of only laughing on the inside; however, she has the right idea. Keeping a level head and not losing your cool will make for a much less stressful, much more clear lifestyle.

3. Know your worth.

Never let anyone dull your sparkle. Never let somebody make you feel little or think less of yourself. What you want in life is important, more important than pleasing the ideals of others. Channel your inner Cristina Yang, and remember, you are in the driver's seat -- you are in control of your own life.

4. Have fun every once and awhile.

Cristina Yang is a cardiothoracic surgeon and even she has time to stop and unwind. Whether it's with a glass of wine or with hours worth of Netflix binging, it's important that everyone relax every once and awhile. Life isn't always fun and games, but sometimes, it should be.

5. Be unstoppable, be a force of nature.

At the end of the day, your number one advocate, fan, and supporter is yourself. Be a force to be reckoned with, and fight for what you want and what you deserve. Never let the fire inside of you die, it's what fuels your passions, abilities, and dreams. Just like Cristina Yang, be the very best and only strive for greatness.

6. Try to see both sides of every situation.

Not every situation is black and white. Sometimes there are two equally valid sides to a situation, and it is important to recognize that. Seeing both sides of a situation gives you perspective, so just like Yang, try to see that there's not always a right and a wrong.

7. Prioritize.

f

Life can get crazy, chaotic, and sometimes downright catastrophic. There's no way to juggle everything without prioritizing. Cristina Yang asks the important questions, like should she sleep or should she shower? She realizes that she can't do both and must prioritize. Really though, get your priorities straight, and your life will be great. Seriously.

8. Radiate confidence.

In the words of Dj Kahled, confidence is a major key. When you believe you're the best, you will be the best. Recognize your hotness, recognize your brilliance, and recognize that you're pretty damn awesome. Cristina Yang bleeds confidence, and so should you.

9. Be honest with others and yourself.

Honesty is always important, including being honest with yourself. Cristina Yang is known to be brutally honest and forever unapologetic. Whether you're recognizing your resting bitch face or being honest about how tacky your best friend looks, telling the truth is always the best policy.

10. Let loose, sometimes.

Cristina Yang is the queen of 30-second dance parties. These serve as time to let loose and let go; it gives you the time you need to let your troubles melt away as you dance and act like a fool. Turn on some music and dance your heart out.

11. Overcome your crap.

Like Cristina Yang says, being aware of your problems and getting over your problems are two entirely different things. Of course, it's crucial to recognize the crap you're going through, but the most important thing you can do is overcome your crap, let it strengthen you. Don't let the problems of life drag you down. Rise above your issues and learn from them.

12. Stand up for yourself and your beliefs.

Season after season of our beloved "Grey's Anatomy," Cristina Yang faces sexism, racism, and a number of roadblocks, but she doesn't let anything or anyone stand in her way. Let's be real, she kicked ass in a male-dominated field, and she did so with an attitude that was equally as kick-ass. You can't control what sets you apart, but you can make it work to your advantage and own it with the pride of a thousand lions. Channel your inner Yang, stand up for yourself, your beliefs, and your dreams. This goes back to the whole "don't let anyone dull your sparkle" thing.

13. Remember your strength.

The human body, and emotions, can withstand a whole hell of a lot; we are not irreparable, we are not damaged forever. This goes hand in hand with overcoming your problems. By doing so, you gain strength, and you learn that you cannot be easily broken. Cristina Yang stands firm and stands tall; she learns from her mistakes, shortcomings, and dilemmas, and she turns them into strength.

14. Stay sassy.

Along with being a notorious badass, Cristina Yang is also an ultimate sass master. Getting through life is always more fun when you're a little sassy, amiright? Not everything has to be taken so seriously, so insert a little sarcasm and sass into your daily life. If Yang does it, you should too.

15. Demand more out of life.

If you want something in life, nine times out of 10, you're going to have to work for it. We only get what we work for and what we think we deserve. If you let people walk all over you or accept endless mistreatment, that's all you'll have. Like Cristina Yang, you have to demand more; if you want bad things to stop occurring, you have to demand more. Don't settle for less than you deserve. Work your butt off until you achieve everything your little heart desires.

When in doubt, ask yourself, "what would Cristina Yang do?"