Try to be better
Lifestyles

We need to Do better

Start taking accountability for your own actions!!

35

The other night I had a nice deep chat with one of my friends. The kind of talk where you're awake until 4 am and you're not even tired because the conversation was too good. We were talking about how easy it is to not take accountability for your own actions and just go through life just accepting your life for what it is.

Now I LOVE personality tests, and astrology and all that kind of stuff. I think it's nice to think that something outside of my control has an impact on my life. But when it comes down to it, none of it is really real. We choose to believe what we want to believe. When people fill out personality tests, subconsciously (or consciously) they might be putting down personality traits that they want, and wish they actually had rather than what they actually are.

We have to want more for ourselves. We can accept learn to accept ourselves and be satisfied with our current lives, but ambition and wanting more for yourself and changing your life is important as well.

We should constantly be pushing ourselves to do better and to be better. This is not to say that you shouldn't accept yourself or anything like that, it should just be acknowledging that you can always be better and you should be striving to be your best self.

It is so important to have different experiences, read different books, take different classes than what you think you like so you can explore your interests. All of these activities help you to become a more well rounded and open-minded individual. You have to do these things for yourself, not because you want to impress Chad or have a cute pic to post on your Instagram, but because you're trying to do better.