Healing

Healing

140
Healing
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/06/636481636601501088-1170210500_IMG_9659.JPG

Pain. Failure. Stress. Loneliness. Heartbreak.

These are all words that might sound a little too familiar to all of us. As all these emotions and feelings are constantly circling around us each day, we tend to forget one thing.

Healing.

We like to tell ourselves that it's going to be okay. We want to try and forget about the hurt and move on. We want to lie to ourselves and say we can forget about it. But here's the thing: We can't just forget. We HAVE to heal before we can move on with our lives.

Everybody has their battles. Some of us just failed a test. Some of us are stressed out from school, work, and family. Some of us are lonely, and others have just gone through a breakup, where they feel as if their heart is broken in half.

We all deal with these situations differently - and thats OK.

When going through one of the situations, or similar ones, I want you to remember these 3 things:

1.Everything heals.

It’s important to remember that our situations are only temporary. We fight these battles day after day, but seem to forget that life goes on. Life goes on and everything heals. Just like that paper-cut we got the other day on our finger that healed, our hearts will heal too.

2. Don’t go back to what hurt you.

As I was shaving the other day, I accidentally cut myself. At first, I spent time trying to get it to stop, but when I left it alone- it stopped by itself. That’s the thing about wounds. In order to heal it, you NEED to stop touching it. We have to stop going back to the things that broke us, the people who hurt us, and the situations that make life harder. Wounds will heal on their own.

3.You are strong enough to face it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.

Sometimes we feel like we aren’t enough. We feel like giving up and we don’t believe we’re strong enough to get through life’s’ battles. Here’s the thing: We ARE strong enough. Actually, we’re a lot stronger than we get ourselves credit for, and with that we can get through anything.

Take the time to think about all the good in your life. Don't feel sorry for yourself and remember that now, you're stronger than ever. But, I also want you to remember that healing takes time and you'll be rewarded for the hurt.