We Are In This Together

We Are In This Together

2020 has definitely not been the year for any of us.

15
We Are In This Together
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/f9/68/0af968f50d5f514c2b121a78cdd6d251.jpg

I believe that we have learned to work as a team, or so I want to think that's the case. I know that most of us haven't smiled or laughed in a very long time. All we have nowadays are headaches and tears. We might feel alone and lost for many different reasons.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/b5/65/79b565dc406bfa6c0595b903052fa6fe.jpg

It's no secret that 2020 has been the worst year we've had so far. We didn't imagine ourselves back on December, 2019 that things would go from "this will be my year" to "this year ain't it" really fast. We certainly went from full classrooms and racing in the hallways to get to an elevator to make it to class or work on time, to waking up and opening a computer. We all took the situation as a joke. We all believed that this wouldn't last long, we kept telling ourselves that everything would be back to normal in a month or two.

To our surprise I wasn't like that at all, 2020 is almost over and we are still required to wear masks, stay 6 feet apart and be isolated from one another. This year has indeed been the most stressful, complicated and saddest year for everyone. Birthdays, thanksgiving, anniversaries, and probably new year not being celebrated together. Having to take classes from our homes, some of us don't live alone. Many students struggling to stay focused, stay in lane, and more importantly staying motivated. Children not being able to play freely at the park. Many individuals losing their jobs, losing resources to survive. Some working from home. And whats worst, many lives being lost, loved ones and friends we won't be able to see, hug and talk with again.

We are so stressed, burned out, lack motivation but I think is important to address the fact that we are drained. Both physically and mentally. Being alone in my room trapped between four walls made me anxious, depressed and I can say that I have lost a little interest in my career choice, in the things I have passion for. I find myself overthinking way to much, wondering if my loved ones and friends are doing alright.

I know that things aren't better, in fact they might be getting complicated. But we are in this together, as difficult as things might be, we must remember that we have to follow certain rules to protect ourselves and the rest of the world. We can't meet with each other as freely as we want. But I also think is important to keep up with each other as much as we can. A call, a text, a zoom meeting. As students I believe we have made an excellent job motivating each other and helping get through this tough semester. As essential workers, I think you guys have done more than you think you have. We truly appreciate all your hard work, we understand how dangerous it might be, being apart from your loved ones and risking yourself.

To every single person reading this, you aren't alone, we are sharing the same stress, sadness, struggles, tears, and confusion. We made it this far, from thinking it would last a few months to lasting the whole year. I think we are pretty strong if you ask me, All the parents out there, finding a way to keep your kids entertained. All the teachers and professors trying to make the best they can. All the students who are contemplating their decision, hang in there guys, the finish line is near. To all the doctors, nurses Thank you for existing. To everyone currently at war, fighting don't give up, keep fighting because we all believe in you.

As a nation I think it's important to remember that this isn't joke, this affects every single one of us. From the infant to the elder, let's work as a team to win this war, and avoid more life's being taken away from us.