Dear All Lives Matter

Dear All Lives Matter

Do not lie to yourself. "All Lives" do not matter.

39
Dear All Lives Matter
Evan Vucci—AP

Dear "All Lives Matter" Protester,

The criminal system is so messed up and if you literally don't understand that you are part of the problem. #BlackLivesMatters, I'm sick and tired of seeing innocent black people being inhumanly slaughtered every day. "Land of the free," but we can't be free, unapologetically black?! I'm even more mad and upset that you are trying to override our hashtag. The hashtag that was created after the death of Trayvon Martin in 2012. The movement did start so we could start a movement against police brutality or so we could end the endless killings of black people, but it's more than that. If you actually knew anything about the matter or cared for the lives of black people you wouldn't be hashtagging #AllLivesMatter.

Preeminently, yes you are right ALL LIVES DO MATTER: Black, white, blue, yellow, brown, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, atheist, straight, gay, or transsexual! At the end of the day, we are all human beings. Our lives should not be more of value than one another. SHOULD, I say, because as of now black people are literally being killed for being black and having a darker pigmentation! So, when you say All Lives Matter, as we cry out Black Lives Matter, just know you are spewing racism. We're saying, Hello, stop killing us and as you are over there preaching All Lives Matter. You are saying, NO ONE GIVES A DAMN.

No, I'm not saying only black lives matter. No, I'm not saying your life is beneath the ones of people of color. No, I'm not saying we are more superior. This hashtag is being blatantly ridiculed and put down as a joke. As if we are doing this just for the fun of it. People, like you, need to realize us saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean all lives don't matter either, but not all lives are being taken. Are you really that ignorant when there's a bigger issue needing to be addressed?

#BlackLivesMatter is a hashtag that gives us hope that we won't be targeted for the color of our skin, shot down like animals because "we looked suspicious", feared of because of the way we look, or the way the media and society are perceiving us; to be treated as humans, for crying out loud! We fight for the rights of our black ancestors that never had a voice or a say in their own life.

Black lives have never been as equal to the ones of whites. Yes, slavery might have "ended" but racism sure as hell has not. 1619. 2016. I see no difference. We are still being oppressed, belittled and being treated as dirt stuck beneath shoes.

I'm sick of seeing my brothers and sister being killed for being who they are: black. I can't even fathom to put in words, how I feel about seeing yet another hashtag on twitter day after day. A hashtag of another black person being killed for being black. Another loved one mourning the death of their loved ones. Another loved one seeing the murders of their loved one getting away with murder. NO JUSTICE. NO PEACE.

You fail to recognize that. You fail to use your white privilege, the voice you were given because you were born into it. You decided to stay quiet and pretend as if you are not blooming with white supremacy, hiding being the 'All Lives Matter' hashtag. To ignore an important matter, because for once it is not about you! You are too busy screaming ALL LIVES MATTER! ALL LIVES MATTER! And one by one another black body is shot down, one by one like dominoes.

Why does the idea of Black Lives Matter offend you so much, that you would try to create another movement? All lives do not matter now, and will not until black lives do too.

Unapologetically black but irritated as hell,

Istahil Mohamed