Ways To Start The Semester Strong

Peter Pan was right, all you need is faith and trust. Although, in order to reach the goal of a decent GPA, it is going to take much more than pixie dust. I have compiled a list of ways that have helped me maintain high motivation throughout the semester. Take these steps to heart, and you are sure to be en route to a successful semester!

1.) Manage your time wisely.

Ever feel like you just don't have time to do anything? That, my friends, was the story of my life until I made an investment that changed my life: I got a planner. Setting aside time for studying while also making sure you have a social life can be difficult, but you will quickly learn where your priorities are when you plan things ahead of time.

2.) Get your recommended amount of sleep.

Most college students are recommended to get around eight hours of sleep a night. (HAHA) Yes, it does sound insane. Although your body and mind need time to rest. Going to bed a little earlier than usual may seem really lame, but your future self will thank you for it.

3.) Take 15 minutes a day and study for each of your classes.

My Psychology professor told us this at the beginning of the semester, so I decided I'd try it. I cannot stress how much better this is than cram studying at 3am. If you have test anxiety, TRY THIS. You will be confident while taking the test. This has completely revolutionized how I study - and I consider this the most important step!

4.) Don't procrastinate.

We've all turned in an assignment that's due at midnight at 11:58. Don't even lie. Although, doing your work ahead of time helps you to stay more confident. It also helps you feel more accomplished to turn in assignments early. Set time in your new planner for assignments, and this step should be an easy fix.

5.) Don't forget your motivation.

What keeps you going at the beginning of the semester, should still keep you going at the end of the semester. Are you a nursing student? Remember, one day you are going to save lives. A writer? The books you will write are going to influence a multitude of people. I could keep going on. In your future career, you will be influencing someone. Whether it be a coworker, or a large group of people, someone is going to benefit from you and the career God has placed you in. It may seem like it's going to take forever to get to your dream job, but you have to remain steadfast and keep pushing forward. I believe in you - you got this!!