Ways to Relax in College

Ways to Relax in College

Everything is pretty stressful

31
Ways to Relax in College

People constantly on the internet make jokes about how stressful college is. During college a lot will happen and sometimes everything feels very out of control. Maybe you forgot about a last minute paper or you have four papers due on the same day. Maybe you have a test coming up and you don’t understand the materials. Maybe it’s not even class related. Maybe your fighting with a friend. Maybe you’re having family problems. A lot of things that happen that are not in your control, so sometimes you need to take a step back and relax.

Most college offer free workout programs. One of them might be yoga. While you mind not be the strongest or most healthy, doing something like yoga takes away the stress for a little be. It lets you focus on yourself then everything around you.

2. Try meditation

Mediation is easy. Go onto youtube and get some mediation music. Then go into a quiet area, maybe your room? Sit and relax, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. It lets your mind rest for a little bit.

3. Therapy

A lot of college will have a free therapists on campus. Sometimes you need to talk to someone you has no impact on your life. Third parties are very helpful because they have no idea who you’re talking about. Even if they do you can always change names.

4. Sleep

College students are known for how much they nap and sometimes people just need a good nap. It lets you relax and clear your head. The stress you feel can go away for a little bit. You just want to feel peaceful.

5. Go to the library

It doesn’t have to be the library, just go somewhere and get your homework done. Once the paper is written you wont be as stressed as you are. The quicker you’re done the quicker your stress will go bye bye.

6. Going on a day trip

Take the squad and leave the campus for the day. All the drama goes away for the day. Pick a location and have fun. Don’t over plan, just do the more freedom you have the more fun you’ll have.

7. Clean your room

You feel like life is a mess. Cleaning your room lets you control something. It can even be fun. Maybe you can change the way your furniture is. Just have fun with it. If it looks cute, maybe share it on your Tumblr. Make everyone jealous

Don’t worry about everything so much. Sometimes you cant control your feelings but I promise life will get easier. Everything made be out of your control right now, but soon everything will be fine. Some things have to run their course. Also next time you get a paper, try doing as soon as you can. If you’re really stressed out, the last thing you need is to be crying about a paper at midnight.