6 Ways To Relax When You Are Sick Of Watching TV

There’s nothing wrong with watching a good show, but sometimes that gets boring too.

1022

This article is a response to "5 TV Shows To Binge That Aren't Grey's Anatomy."

Watching a new or even old show is a great way to relax after work, on the weekends, or even in between school assignments. However, sometimes you need to unwind, and TV just sounds repetitive and boring. Here is a list of relaxing things to do instead of watching TV that is still not being "productive."

Read a Book.

person holding book sitting on brown surfacePhoto by Blaz Photo on Unsplash

Not all of us are bookworms and that's okay but reading even for 10 minutes could give you that peace and quiet you are looking for. It does not have to be a lengthy fantasy novel or an educational self- help book. Anything that can get your mind off of life's busy calendar could be worth the time in silence.

Do Yoga.

woman standing on rock facing forestPhoto by Yannic Läderach on Unsplash

As a person who just started doing Yoga within the last month, it has been a very enjoyable experience. It has been a great way to take a break from reality while doing something healthy for my body. This can also be a short daily routine you do every Moring or before you go to bed.

Listen to a Podcast.

flatlay photography of wireless headphonesPhoto by C D-X on Unsplash

A Podcast is a great way to get a source of entertainment without looking at a screen or really even anything. You can listen to a podcast in bed, in the bath, or outside. There are so many topics to choose from that can give you new insights on life or just a really good laugh.

Sit outside while sipping on your favorite drink.

closeup photo of ceramic coffee mug with brown liquid insidePhoto by David O. Andersen on Unsplash

Nothing warms the heart like your favorite beverage. For me that is my favorite tea or a nice homemade cup of coffee or on the real rough days a beer or wine. Leave your phone inside and just sit with drink in hand and enjoy the sounds of the outdoors.

Make a Pinterest board.

black LED monitorPhoto by Stephen Phillips - Hostreviews.co.uk on Unsplash

Dreaming about the future is a fun way to relieve stress and forget about your day-to-day worries. For me, that is making up Pinterest boards with great ideas that one day you can turn into reality. It can be anything from a hobby you want to pick up, new ways to decorate your home, or even ideas on how to be more productive. This can get you inspired without actually having to get the job done immediately.

Make your favorite dessert.

pastry with cream topPhoto by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

This could be a more Involved and active activity but definitely worth it by the end. Making your favorite dessert is relaxing because it can be really fun. You are not worried about the stress of making a healthy dinner and you can just unwind while indulging in a sweet snack. Your creative side gets to be involved without having a specific end goal besides having something yummy.