The Best Ways to Pass Time On A Road Trip
Lifestyles

12 Ways To Pass Time on A Road Trip

It's that time of year again... It's road trip season!

295
12 Ways To Pass Time on A Road Trip
Instagram

With summer full in swing, families across America are packing up their cars to road trip to their favorite vacation spots. With so much time spent in the car, chances are you and your family are searching for ways to pass the time and make the road trip a little easier. Here are 12 ways you can make time pass by faster on roadtrips.

1. Read that book you've been meaning to pick up

Got piles of books in your room that you've never read or even touched? Long road trips are the perfect time to have a good read or get some summer reading assignments out of the way (unless you get car sick of course).

2. Play a game of "21 Questions"

Road trips are a great time to bring out those old childhood games you forgot about. 21 Questions is a great game to play because it requires little mental stimulation- think of a person, place, or thing and let your friends/family fire away with questions.

3. Do homework or catch up on work

You have to be REALLY desperate to consider this option. Still though, road trips can be a good time to crank out some emails or finish that paper you've been putting off. You'll have to be willing to sacrifice your phone battery and data for this one though, since it'll require a hot spot.

4. Listen to your new favorite album

Road trips are a great time to listen to your favorite album or Spotify playlist. Now's the time to try out different music and discover iTunes' latest releases too, since it's good to ~expand your horizons~.

5. Catch up on social media

Road trips are perfect for getting up to date on the five different social media apps you're probably on. This will probably lead to some Instagram/Facebook stalking. Who are we kidding- we all do this.

6. Play "Would You Rather" or "Never Have I Ever".

These games are so simple, it's stupid. They'll probably remind you of funny memories from your pre-pubescent days, but guaranteed they'll spark some VERY interesting conversations and stories.

7. Open up the windows and enjoy the scenery

Road trips can involve some less than scenic routes through cornfields and planes, but anything is better than staring at the back of a car seat. Take a moment to roll down the car windows and get some fresh air; After all, it can get pretty stuffy in a car. If you don't have anything better to do, you can even make the clouds out into different shapes!

8. Watch Netflix

Again, this option is a battery and data drainer, BUT it can provide some of the best entertainment for painfully long car rides. Catch up on your favorite season of a show, finish the series you haven't had time to watch, or even try something new.

9. Listen to a podcast

Anyone else ever wonder what's actually on the podcast app? The most underrated yet entertaining iPhone app there is, the podcast app is chalk full of interesting series that cover topics ranging from murder mysteries, to the assassination of RFK, to new scientific discoveries that are changing the world.

10. Draw or color

Bringing an adult coloring book or pad of paper and pen is a great idea for road trips! Coloring is time consuming and can be a relaxing activity to do, especially when you need to pass time.

11. Read Odyssey articles

What's better than reading dozens of Odyssey articles? Trick question- nothing! Odyssey articles are some of the most entertaining things to read and cover a variety of topics that will keep everyone happy.

12. Sleep

The holy grail of road trip activities. Sleep may be for the weak, but who are we kidding- road trips can be boring and there's no better option than falling asleep and waking up at your destination. Make sure to bring a pillow and a blanket for this one.