12 Ways You Can Master That First Date

12 Ways You Can Master That First Date, Even If You're Extremely Nervous About It

This may require a LITTLE bit of social media searching.

863

Whether they were a swipe right or that cute person in your econ class that you finally had the courage to sit next to last Thursday, the first date is always unpredictable. I have had a handful of first dates where I was nervous about. The first date is like your audition where you are the actor and director at the same time. I have designed 12 ways and tricks that will make that first date from nervous to fabulous.

1. Share your location with one of your close friends.

Sounds strange, I know. However, it may be a good thing because creeps are everywhere and just because they have a B in biology and laughs at your doodling does not mean he is the ONE.

2. Do a LITTLE bit of social media searching.

Jenna Marbles was being extremely sarcastic with this comment and so I am. Stalking isn't cool.

I said "LITTLE" bit. Check to see if they have accounts but don't scroll to his junior year of high school. Don't click on who they are following or is following them. It will make you uncomfortable; trust me. And now you're the creep.

3. Know what the plan is before you meet up.

This might be because I am slightly controlling but I like to know what the plan is so that I am mentally prepared for different situations. But also, if you don't eat dinner because you think you are "going out for dinner and drinks", not just drinks. Or if you wear those pointy heels that have been sitting in your closet begging to be taken out, but turns out you're walking to the movie theater.

4. Do your hair the way you like.

Sounds obvious; I know. But you get done with your makeup and you are feeling bold and want to try a fancy braid you saw on Twitter. Then, you find out that it isn't as easy as it looks and your date is texting you that they are there. Don't. Keep it simple and something you are already comfortable doing.

5. Dance while getting ready.

I used to watch girls in movies dancing while they got ready and thought it was cool. So I started doing it. And it makes getting ready so fun. I blast my music and jump and dance while I am getting ready. Dancing vies me the opportunity to get all my nervous energy out. Plus dancing puts me in a good mood. So put on your favorite jams and use that hairbrush as a microphone.

6. Plan your outfits the day before or the morning of.

This will prevent you from throwing clothes from your closet. Then your room is a disaster and you are embarrassed if he asks to come inside. Plus you won't be sweating from chucking your Birkenstock's across the room. Plus, you aren't as nervous hours before, compared to 25 minutes before.

7. FaceTime your best friend before you leave.

FaceTime your best friend and show them your look. Get your best friend's opinion on what your outfit looks like, if your makeup is too much or to add a little mascara, or if your hair is straightened in the back. Plus, your best friend will give you the biggest pep talk and hype up.

8. Make your bed.

Just make it. Not only will it make you feel better once you leave, but now your room looks 100% better if they come over. It takes like a max of five minutes.

9. Charge your phone.

While you are getting ready, keep charging your phone. Don't touch it unless it is to skip songs. This way you won't be tempted to keep checking to see if they texted you or stall from getting ready while you're scrolling through Instagram.

10. Remember that every person goes on a first date.

Every relationship has a first date. Whether the couple ends up happily ever after or never speaking again, everyone goes on a first date. So know that your date is probably just as nervous.

11. It may not work out.

If it doesn't work out for either date, eh, oh well. It was a tried attempt. There should not be any hard feelings or negative energy. Just take some time to figure out why you didn't want a second date.

12. Be confident!

You have got this! Be yourself and enjoy the date. At the end of the day you did something that was nerve-wracking and you got through it. Now you will be less nervous about your next date.