Ways To Get Festive For Christmas

Ways To Get Festive For Christmas

Embrace the holidays.

85
Ways To Get Festive For Christmas
Flickr

Christmas is a few weeks away! Want to know a few ways to make Christmas the most fun it can be? Here are some fun ways to get festive this holiday season -- from decorations to outfits and other festive things.

Make a countdown.

Anticipation is one thing that makes actual Christmas day really exciting! The longer you have to wait for something, the more exciting it is when the time comes. Sometimes even the days leading up to Christmas are even more exciting than Christmas itself!

Decorate.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F12%2F07%2F635851158712017535997554939_ce8a234e-4c44-4b04-8afd-1ce0235e133f.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=703&h=b82caa944af1014008401fa889d63283e3045a33077bbcee9970a183912888e9&size=980x&c=2697621263 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F12%252F07%252F635851158712017535997554939_ce8a234e-4c44-4b04-8afd-1ce0235e133f.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D703%26h%3Db82caa944af1014008401fa889d63283e3045a33077bbcee9970a183912888e9%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2697621263%22%7D" expand=1]

In your house, outside your house, your car, your room, door -- anything can be decorated if you believe.

Watch Christmas movies.

"Elf" is a favorite of many. Other classics like the original "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "Home Alone," "Home Alone 2," "Christmas Vacation," and others are some fun suggestions and are sure to brighten the mood in your home.

Make it smell like Christmas.

Candles, a real Christmas tree, wreaths, garland, and festive-scented room spray will make your home smell literally like Christmas. They are also so fun to shop for. You could also just go to a Christmas tree farm and go around smelling the trees.

Wear festive outfits.

Whatever your style is, whether you want to go for a more sophisticated and fancy red-and-green color scheme, subtly showing some spirit, or would rather wear a quirky sweater and blast everyone in the face with your festivity, either way is a fun way to embrace this cheerful season. Even if it means donning a Christmas penguin onesie with penguins wearing Christmas onesies on it. Christmas-ception. You can even dress up your pets in adorable outfits! I'm sure they will love it, maybe even as much as this little pug here.

Spend time with friends and loved ones.

It's always nice to spend this festive time with people you care about. Feeling loved is one of the great things about this time of year. So surround yourself with people who make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. This goes for more than just the holidays, though. It's nice all year round.

Listen to Christmas music.

Of course, what better way to get hype for the holidays than blasting "Sleigh Ride" on the radio as you cruise around town?

Go to the mall.

Have you seen the mall once it's decorated for the holidays? They go all out! As soon as you walk in, you're bombarded with festivities. And Santa's there! Woo! Just stop for a moment and bask in the fake snow and twinkling lights. Also, browsing some stores will give you ideas of what presents to get the important people in your life, and you might see something you might like, to tell people who insist on getting you a present.

Reading this Christmas article is also a good way to get ready for Christmas! Just by reading this article you have already started mentally getting into the holiday spirit.