5 Ways To Deal With Anxiety Over A New School Year

Maintain your anxiety a little better with a few tricks to get you through.

88

A new school year comes with new stresses, but you can handle it one day at a time.

1. Take A Deep Breath. 

I don't know anyone who just enjoys walking into a room full of people they don't know. I surely do not. Facing the unknown is such a scary thought, but we are promised by God that we will never walk alone. So, take a second to yourself, take a deep breathe, and do it.

2. Pray about it. 

Prayer is powerful. That sentence is powerful. THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER. Never feel as if your anxiety is to "stupid" or "small" to take to the Lord in prayer. Regardless, He is going to listen and calm your nerves.

3. Be Optimistic. 

Being open-minded is never a bad thing. You are allowed to fear the unknown, but don't let the fear of the unknown keep you from trying new things.

4. Surround yourself with loving people. 

Community. Such a common word, but such a huge meaning. Surround yourself with people who will love you through the anxiety, while showing you the love of Christ. Find people who will not fail you.

5. Spend time in God's word.

Worship, pray, and meditate in the Word of God.