How To Clean Your Baking Tools

7 Ways To Clean Off Dust, Germs, And Food From Your Baking Tools

If you neglect washing your baking tools, a layer of dried food can get stuck to your tools, which will make it difficult to clean later on and will provide a weird taste and smell to your baked goods.

4786
Dough dusted with flour on a plate

A good baker knows the importance of cleaning his/her baking tools regularly so that they can keep on baking amazing dishes without compromising on the taste or the health of the consumers. If you neglect washing your baking tools, a layer of dried food can get stuck to your tools, which will make it difficult to clean later on and will provide a weird taste and smell to your baked goods.

It is important to keep your baking tools clean and dry if you don't want to catch any diseases so we have listed down a few tips to keep your baking equipment clean.

1. Clean your mixing bowls and spatulas after every use

One of the best ways to keep your baking tools clean is by making sure that you always rinse the mixing bowls, spoons, measuring cups, etc. with water after every use. This will help in keeping your too free of the batter and will make it easier to clean later. You can then use a dishwasher to clean your tools.

2. Dust off your stand mixer/hand mixer

Make sure that you dust off and clean your hand mixer and stand mixer regularly or else they might stop working. So, wipe down your mixer every alternate day and clean the whisk or hook that is used after every use with a mild dish soap and hot water. If they are compatible with dishwasher then use the dishwasher to clean the mixer attachments and accessories.

3. Wash the baking tools with water before use

Always make sure that you rinse your baking tools with water and dry it with a clean cloth before you use them because they might have a layer of dust or dirt on them which could be harmful to your baked items.

4. Keep the rolling pin clean

You need to keep the rolling pins clean too but you can't use a soap to clean it as it can alter the surface of the pins. So, instead remove the stuck food particles from the rolling pin and then rinse it with water. If you want your rolling pin to last longer, you can rub it with minerals once in a while and always make sure that it is kept dried.

5. Scrub your baking stone

For cleaning your baking stone, you would need to use hot water and wire bristles to get rid of the stubborn stains and debris. Staining is quite normal and can be removed with the help of some hot water.

6. Use a dishwasher

One of the easiest and simplest ways to keep your baking tools clean is by using a dishwasher. Most stainless steel tools can be cleaned with a dishwasher which saves a lot of time and effort on your part.

7. Dry the wet baking tools always

Make sure that your baking tools are dried with a clean soft towel and store them in a dry area if you don't want mold growing on them due to the wetness. Trust me, keeping the tools dry is essential to keep them clean and free of germs.