10 Ways To Maximize Productivity Every Week

Just Start Somewhere!

33
Photo by Estée Janssens on Unsplash

Being productive has always gone hand in hand with being in a healthy state of mind to me. Whether I am getting school work done, keeping my living areas nice and tidy, or being active in any other way, the endorphins that I get from accomplishing my goals are always worth the long, disciplined nights that I have spent with just me and my books. With that being said, here are some tips and tricks on how you can be your BEST self and maximize your time - because we all know time is the one thing we never get back.

1. Make A To Do List

I can't stress this point enough. The science behind literally seeing your goals before your very eyes is so strong and I can't believe everyone doesn't do it for this very reason! When you take the time to write out what you need to accomplish, it helps you pace yourself and even gives you a great way to track your progress.

2. Mark Off What You Have Accomplished As You Go

This is HUGE! Checking a box, or marking out a goal is one of the best ways to build into yourself that making a list does greatly aid you in your productivity. If you try this out, I promise you'll love the outcome.

3. Share Your Progress With A Friend

Everyone has that friend or partner who celebrates successes with you (if you don't then sorry, you need to reevaluate who you're friends with). When you have that person who encourages you to keep going even when you're tired and understands the way your mind gets off on accomplishing everything you've set your mind to, you're just that much closer to getting all of your stuff done!

4. Categorize Your Goals For The Week

I had never done this till recently, but it definitely has aided me on not getting burnt out doing one singularly thing. For instance, I'll make a list for home, work, school, and personal things and as I finish a few things on one of the list, I will flip back to a different one so that I get a change of pace in my day.

5. Set Long Term Goals

This is something that can be hard to do, but when you plan out your month or the first quarter of the year, it gives you a reason to keep going when times get tough.

6. Remind Yourself Of Why You're Doing What You're Doing

Graduation? Mental Health? Changing the world? Whatever it might be, a gentle reminder has the power to reignite a burnt out flame.

7. Keep Your Work Space Clean

I hope it is not only me, but a messy environment makes my brain feel just as cluttered. Keep your things nice and neat and you will always feel satisfied starting or ending your day in your office or wherever you choose to tackle your tasks.

8. Separate Work Life From Home Life, Even If You're Working From Home

When you take the time to mentally switch gears, you're able to present the best version of yourself to the world. Leave your work at the door.

9. Take Time To Evaluate Your Productivity

Is something not working for you or frustrating you? That is fine, evaluate where you're at and make adjustments that will allow you to be your very best self.

10. Reward Yourself

That's right, REWARD yourself!!!! Whether it is binge-watching YouTube or scrolling through Instagram for the rest of the night, allow yourself to relax and wined down.

If you doing these ten things, you are sure to accomplish all that you set your mind to. Now go kill this work week!