A Way to kill Time

A Way to kill Time

4 awesome podcasts

12
A Way to kill Time
Life Style Business

Whether you’re looking for a way to kill time or to keep occupied, like writing an article or paper, some people listen to music, but over time I find that it keeps me too distracted because I want to make a good playlist that always takes more time than the actual time of all the songs, then I dance, sing, or both, amirite? Yeah, maybe it sounds like a me-problem, but I have found a perfect alternative for myself and I wish to offer you all the solution: podcasts! Yup, just people who keep talking for about an hour or longer. Takes less time to make a playlist and if you find the right podcasts, you can actually listen to about trending topics and news. Today, I like to offer you four amazing podcasts that you may or may not heard of, but here we go either way.

There is no particular order or ranking by the way. The first is the “Rooster Teeth Podcast”. They have been providing stellar podcasts, both visual and audio, for a little bit over 8 years. They mainly talk about trending topics and news, but they have covered several other areas such as video games, movies, their own projects, and so much more. You can watch their hour and a half podcasts on Monday and Thursday if you like the live version here on their homepage at: http://roosterteeth.com/show/rt-podcast or wait for the video version that comes a day or two after the first airing on the “Rooster Teeth” YouTube page. I highly recommend their podcasts especially if you aren’t sure what kind of topics you like listening to, this is a good first step to deciding what you like.

The next podcast requires a little bit of an idea what types of topics you are interested in, it is called “Dude Soup” by “Funhaus”. “Funhaus” is a team composed of former personalities and Internet celebrities from “Inside Gaming”, “Machinima”, and a former TV channel called “G4”. Notably these individuals are Adam Kovic and Bruce Greene accompanied with Lawrence Sonntag as the host and James Willem. Most of their other content is comedic let’s plays of major game titles and indie games, while “Dude Soup” maintains an genuine earnest atmosphere with a healthy dose of humor relief. The main reason why I enjoy their podcasts is because they stick with a main topic and once it’s has been addressed, they move onto to other news. And they’re also funny. I can’t stand when a topic is mentioned and has gotten discussed a decent amount, but some reason or another they go off track, but “Dude Soup” stays on the rail on discussions very well. Their podcasts lasts only a little bit over an hour, so if you can’t afford a lot of time, I think this podcast is perfect for you in terms of time. “Funhaus” is part of the “Rooster Teeth” community and you can watch their podcasts on their website as well, right here on: http://funhaus.roosterteeth.com/show/dude-soup. Both “Dude Soup” and the “Rooster Teeth” podcasts require a paid subscription to view the podcast on the day it airs and to watch their podcast extras, so give them support because you get awesome content in return. If you’re interested, you can watch “Dude Soup” on the “Funhaus” YouTube page, again, after a day or two when it first airs for free.

The next podcasts and boy is it a doozy is the “Joe Rogan Experience”. Hosted by none other than the former “Fear Factor” host, “UFC” color commentator, and the incredibly funny: Joe Rogan, duh. As a big MMA fan, I enjoy the podcasts where his guests are fantastic fighters such as Rory MacDonald, Chuck Liddell, Garry Tonon, Rickson Gracie, and Josh Barnett. He has also had MMA coaches appear as well. One of my personal favorites is when Joe Rogan hd former UFC welterweight champion: Matt Serra on and it was one of the funniest podcasts I have seen. Not only does he has fantastic fighter come on, he also invites several other people ranging from comedians like Natasha Leggero, bands like "Honey Honey" and "Everlast", professors such as Robert Sapolsky, bow-hunting expert: Cameron Hanes and much more, like 900 some odds more. Joe Rogan has been doing so many podcasts, he is up to 987! However, his podcasts do run up to and even more than two hours at times, so if you can’t watch them all, honestly if you can that would be really impressive, take a look at his list and I’m sure that you can find that one of his guests will be someone that you’re incredibly interested in. Check out his podcasts at: http://podcasts.joerogan.net/. So if you have a huge final essay to do, the “Joe Rogan Experience” will keep you company for sure.

The last podcast is a different type of podcast than the rest that I have told you all about, it is called “Serial”. “Serial” is a truly unique podcasts where each episode over the course of a season tells the story of a 100% true story. In the first season, it is about a young teenager who disappears and is found ‘murdered’. Sarah Koenig is the host and is determined to find answers to an incredibly confusing and puzzling case that is thought to have find the key suspect. Unfortunately, I have only reached up to the third episode, but I promise that when I listened to each show, it was enthralling and kept me hooked. It was like watching a mystery/thriller movie like “Se7en”, but it is real. There’s two seasons and you can listen to them here on: https://serialpodcast.org/. It’s a great podcast if you keep with it and you get a unique perspective on a real life case that would get you going like you are lead detective. So that’s it, I hope you guys will enjoy these podcasts and leave a comment if you liked any of these.