5 Reasons You Need To Binge 'The Vampire Diaries' Right Now

In need of a new Netflix show to binge watch? If you haven't seen 'The Vampire Diaries,' I highly recommend it!

48

'The Vampire Diaries' recently hit their ten-year anniversary since the premiere of the show in 2009 and what an incredible show it was. 'The Vampire Diaries' is looked at as a sort of spin-off of a classic vampire series, 'Twilight.' However, 'The Vampire Diaries' quickly took on an entirely different plot and depth to it that is completely separate and distinguishable from the 'Twilight' series.

'The Vampire Diaries' is a story of a love triangle between two vampire brothers (Stefan and Damon Salvatore) and a mortal girl (Elena Gilbert). Throughout the series, we see many elements of the supernatural working for and against each other. From witches, werewolves, and even doppelgängers, this show will keep you on your toes at all times. Once starting this show, I promise you won't regret it!

1. Very fast paced. 

If you were to look from start to finish, 'The Vampire Diaries' has so much that happens in every single season, even every episode. Everyone can relate to seeing a show that stays on a certain issue or topic for it seems like forever. This is not the case for 'The Vampire Diaries.' This show involves so many different supernatural phenomenons that come up in every single episode.

In some episodes, you see the enemies coming together to defeat a common, bigger threat. Then, in the next episode you will see the same people who fought side-by-side, trying to kill each other. For example, in the season two premiere episode, someone gets their finger chopped off, stabbed in the gut, an evil doppelganger comes to town, a new possible werewolf is introduced, someone almost gets turned into a vampire, someone else actually does get turned into a vampire, and someone gets their neck snapped but comes back to life. Now to mention about a million different conversations about feelings comes into place during the episode as well. This show will keep your eyes glued to the TV screen!

2. So many cliffhangers!

When you think of a cliffhanger, you want to be left literally on the edge of your seat and that's what this show does for you. The cliffhangers in this show aren't just Elena fell down and Stefan almost drank her blood. They are shocking and unexpected. They do exactly what a cliffhanger should do, keeping the audience on their toes, and keeping them wanting to watch more.

Typically, the show begins an episode with some sort of glimpse as to the events that will come in the episode. As the show proceeds, you see many different cliffhangers that are answered further into the episode. To end the show, there is almost always a massive cliffhanger. This show takes their audience on a journey that is intense and unpredictable which makes it that much harder to keep your eyes off!

3. The scenery is incredible. 

In every single episode of 'The Vampire Diaries,' the scenery is so well done and beautiful. Of course, the basics like Mystic Falls High School, which is where most of the main characters go to school, are pretty simple to construct. However, some of the scenery in the show displays so much detail and depth to them that it is actually incredible to see.

Additionally, flashbacks are used very often in this series to show different parts of the main character's lives, specifically the Salvatore brothers' lives being as they are over a hundred-year-old vampires and history is a big part of this show. In these flashbacks, we go back to even the twenties to see different historical things in the lives of the Salvatore brothers. The scenery in these flashbacks is even more impressive given that they are from decades ago, and yet still look so accurate.

4. Doppelgangers everywhere!

This probably means absolutely nothing to you if you haven't seen any of the series, but trust me it will! After watching this series, you are tired of hearing the word doppelganger in the best way because doppelgangers in this series are so important and come up many times in the series that you know any doppelganger when you see one. A doppelganger is like a shadow self, or in easier terms, an evil twin.

There are many different characters who have doppelgangers in the show, some might even have more than one... but trust me, this twist on the show is a major bomb that gets dropped and never fails to be a blessing and a curse throughout the series for the main characters. One day they want to kill one of the doppelgangers but when they fail, you see that same doppelganger used in one of their plans. This is one of the many twists that kept me watching!

5. Remarkable acting. 

Now, time to give credit to the actors/actresses involved in this series. They are amazing! Unlike in the 'Twilight' series, you see a lot more physical intimacy between the characters throughout the whole show, which already is a lot for actors to work on. The amount of emotion that goes into this show is unmatched and the actors handle it with such grace and passion that their performance is nothing short of incredible.

These characters make you wish things in the show happened in real life. Plus I must say, looking at Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder is something no girl is going to complain about. Not to give all the credit to them because the entire cast is filled with such amazing and talented people. So my advice to you... go check on 'The Vampire Diaries!' And after watching you tell me, are you Team Stefan or Team Damon?