Why You Need To Watch 'Stranger Things'

Why You Need To Watch 'Stranger Things'

It's about time for an 80's throwback and "Stranger Things" does it perfectly

24
Why You Need To Watch 'Stranger Things'
Following the Nerd

"Stranger Things," a science fiction thriller set in the 1980's, has quickly become the most talked about T.V. show of the summer, and for good reason. "Strangers Things" is a complex horror that makes you fall in love with each of the characters in a span of only 8 episodes. If you haven't heard of "Stranger Things" it follows the disappearance of Will Byers a 12 year old boy from the small town of Hawkins Indiana. The If you haven't yet taken the time to watch this thriller you need to drop everything and do so.

1. It's Just the Right Amount of Horror

I have never really enjoyed horror movies or shows, but "Strangers Things" takes a different approach that I really loved watching. It kept me on the edge of my seat but I was still able to sleep at night. The story line is realistic while still having a whole aura of supernatural. Even if you hate horror films give "Stranger Things" a chance the story line is so good it's worth the scare.

2. The Characters Are So Lovable

Whether it's Chief Hopper the big city turned small town cop with a tragic backstory or sweet little Dustin with his missing front teeth, each one of the characters in "Stranger Things" grows on you as the season progresses. By the end of season one you can't wait to see there smiling faces in the next season. Even Steve Harrington, the classic high school bad boy, had redeeming qualities that you can't help but grow attached to.

3. It's A 1980's Time Piece

From the haircuts to the high-waisted jeans this is a 1980's time piece through and through. Although this story would compelling set in any era there is something about all the sci-fi nerdiness of the 1980's that fits just right with "Stranger Things". Once in awhile I would forget it was set in the 80s and then would hear the space music during a transition scene and just fall right back in love with it. If you have a love for anything 80's related this is a must watch.

4. It Keeps You Wanting More

Throughout the eight episodes it reveals the backstories about each of the characters little by little this deepens the character. Because of certain events that I won't describe in detail because I am no spoiler it makes you feel as if no character big or small is safe. The mystery is revealed little by little as the character discover more about what is going on around them.

5. It Doesn't Drag Out Too Long

With most mystery t.v. shows they just want to keep pumping out episodes and they end dragging out the mystery for so long that there no way that realistically that many things happen to one group of people. This season is only eights episodes long there is still a good mystery but it doesn't drag on and on and then have some sub par finale like some other mystery shows *cough* Pretty Little Liars *cough*. It also it easy to binge watch because there is only eight 55 minute episodes.

One thing is for sure "Stranger Things" is the number one must watch of the summer. If you are searching for a new show to watch look no further. The story of Will Byers and Hawkins Indiana will become your latest Netflix obession and leave you anticipating season two.