Why You Should Watch 'Stranger Things'

Why You Should Watch 'Stranger Things'

You can really lose yourself in all of the small details, from the clothes to the cord phones.
38

Released back in July of 2016, "Stranger Things" follows a cast of characters in small town Hawkins, Indiana in the year of 1983. Inspired by a time filled with a fascination for sci-fi and fantasy, "Stranger Things" starts off with a suspenseful and thrilling plot itself. Joyce Byers' son, Will Byers, up and disappears one night after a game of dnd with his friends. The disappearance baffles the small town; a quiet place where the last disappearance occurred decades ago. As local authorities search for answers, both the cops and Will's friends discover there's more to it than just a disappearance. Will's vanishing is paired with secret government experiments, dangerous, supernatural beings, alternate realities, and a girl called Eleven.

The setting grounds the audience in the atmosphere of a small town in the 80s. You can really lose yourself in all of the small details, from the clothes to the cord phones. There's so much dedication into making you really feel like this is the '80s, and this is what would happen if something this strange and terrifying happened back then.

There's also a wide range of characters in the show; you get to see the story of not only Will's mother, but the rest of his family, friends, and their family. You get to empathize with parents, cops, children, and high schoolers. "Stranger Things" really shows how a small moment can impact a whole town, especially when it's something like a disappearance. While Will's vanishing is of the supernatural variety, the reactions and stories of the characters are real.

If you haven't already binge-watched the entire first season of "Stranger Things," the time to do so is now. "Stranger Things" is an addicting thriller that is best watched all in one sitting. The episodes only leave you with more questions and wanting more answers. A plus to waiting to watch the first season until now is that season 2 is releasing on October 27, 2017.