5 Clear Signs Your Relationship Is Just Not Measuring Up

5 Clear Signs Your Relationship Is Just Not Measuring Up, And It's Time To Move On

If you're not getting all that you give, it's time to reconsider.

792

If you aren't being treated right in a relationship, go ahead and pack your bags and send them running. You deserve better than someone who can't properly show love.

But, if you're unsure whether or not you're overthinking things, here are 5 clear signs you deserve more.

1. They consistently mention their ex or compare you to them.

RUN! They started a new, fresh relationship with you; they should be over their ex. But, if they're finding ways to continuously bring them up, they may not be over their past relationship. Therefore, they shouldn't be in a new relationship, because then you'll be comparing yourself to their ex and creating insecurities that were never there before.

2. They find any excuse not to post you on social media.

Now, I know social media shouldn't validate anyone's relationship. I know some couples that don't post pictures of themselves. But, some people would like that validation of letting some pesky people know they're taken. Especially if you're posting about your significant other, and they just simply don't want to do the same. It could be that they don't need a platform to make it real, or it could be that they're hiding something and wouldn't want their followers to see they're in a relationship.

3. They don't want to introduce you to their family.

This should be a milestone for any couple, but some folks hold off on this until they're 100 percent sure. However, that could cause some impatience. If they are holding off on introducing you to their family, especially if it's been months since you two got together, they could be unsure about the relationship and where it's going. Meeting your S.O.'s family should be the next step in moving forward.

4. They are consistently bringing you down and just being plain nasty.

It's called being verbally abusive, and no one should have to deal with it. Your significant other shouldn't be the one hurting you after you've confided in them about your past. They should not throw it in your face and say nasty remarks. If they do, RUN! If you plan on staying, and they continue to treat you like this, there could be emotional trauma that sticks with you once you finally decide to leave.

5. If there's no trust, there's no us!

You shouldn't have to be questioned every time you go somewhere or every time someone texts you. Just because your partner can't seem to trust you, even if you haven't done anything wrong and they're just emotionally damaged from someone else, doesn't mean you should be questioned about your every action. No one should have to be questioned about their intentions if someone can't seem to believe them because of trust issues.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.