Wasting Your Time Studying? Play A Video Game!

Less Studying, More Playing

15
PlayBuzz

You are in your college days where work comes in abundance, sleep is never available, and your instructors are always giving you problems. This can be overwhelming, even for the brightest students on campus. Juggling the multiple tasks, the average load a college student carries can be a handful, but that does not excuse them from the need of preparation for upcoming exams.

So how would a college student prepare for an exam? Easy! Take a break away from all your books and play a video game.

This may sound absurd, but it is actually highly beneficial! Doing a study with a few friends of mine, I tested their knowledge of classwork, not based on what they learn in class, but based off their engagement with video games. Video games contain a large variety of material from sports, to physics, to driving vehicles, as well as solving mysteries. To test this theory, I put my friends up against each other.

Matching my friends up against each other, we analyzed that the more games that the individual enjoyed, the easier it was for them to understand classroom work at a faster rate. The interaction with a video game really tests patience along with problem solving skills to figure out a couple of necessities it requires to beat a game. These things include: brain’s processing speed, responses/reflexes, creativity, math computation, as well as hypothesizes answers to tough situations.

Videos games constantly test these skills out as well as many other abilities. This means that the more a player interacts with videos games, the more they practice these skills.

Video games is a big topic, and this topic could be the beginning to something new on Mississippi Valley State University campus. To help start a new major at Valley, I will be recruiting and finding students who are interested in video games to start a video game development club where we will be enjoying programming and designing videos games for the public as well as hosting video game tournaments for the club’s enjoyment.

If you would like to know more about this drafting project of the Video Game Development Club, you can contact me through my email or follow me on any of my social media accounts!

Email: Munnuo@hotmail.com

Instagram: @_munnuo_

twitter: @Munnuo