So, You Want To Shave your Head?

So, You Want To Shave your Head?

Here are some pros and cons to shaving your head!

174
http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/features/28528/

I debated with myself for a long time whether I was going to actually go through with it or not. I mean, it wouldn't have been that much of a change. My hair was already chopped up into a pixie cut, what difference was shaving my head going to make? A big one. Here are some pros and cons to making this drastic decision.

Pro - Save Money

You have one style. No pomade. No gel. No hairspray. No hairbrush. A $5 bottle of shampoo will get you a long way. Trips to the hair salon/barbershop isn't something you'd need to worry about anymore. A one time investment into a pair of $50 clippers will insure saving up to $60 on a haircut every 3 weeks to 3 months.

Con - You Only Get One Style

You'll miss playing with the length. Making it look different every day is something that I miss. Seeing other people run their fingers through their hair makes you long for what you once had. Pinterest has a habit of showing me tutorials for pretty braids despite my lack of locks.

Pro - Cut Down On Daily Prep Time

The extra half hour to hour of sleep in the morning is phenomenal. Girls, don't worry about brushing out that rat's nest in the morning, forget the curling wand, volume is something of the past. Guys, that part in your hair won't matter if you don't have one.

Con - The Unknown

The shape of your head may be unclear to you until it's too late. And by then, you'll be wondering how many times your mom had to drop you to make it look this way. If your head is an odd shape, don't freak out. You will get used to it.

Pro - You Get A Lot Of Attention

If you're anything like me, you love attention. Well let me tell you, if you make this decision, prepare for attention every time you leave the house. People aren't used to seeing bald heads. You don't see them a lot, not even among the male population. You'll get people asking why you made this decision. A lot of other women will applaud you for "doing something they could never have the guts to do."

Con - You Will Get A Lot Of Attention

This can be a major con as well. When there is positivity, negativity lurks just around the corner. A bald head can be intimidating. Dirty looks are something to be expected. Girls, some people will go out of their way to tell you that women should not have short hair. I don't know how many times I've been told this. Insensitivity is to be expected from people that don't know how to keep their mouth shut.

Shaving your head can be something that you either love or you hate. If you decide to make the drastic cosmetic change and absolutely hate it, hair grows back! Don't freak out too much, my dude. Because in the end, it's just hair.